Chapter 18: A bunch of Oldies with Issues

( Made my own crappy grilled cheese sandwich 🧀 🥪)

***3rd person Pov***

" I don't get why you kids wanted to visit a prison? Got any relatives?" Barin, the uncle of the twins and brother of their father, asked as they arrived at the Yokohama prison. Supposedly, they were going to ask their father but is occupied cause of the paperwork in Ireland. Lucky for them, his brother arrive just in time then asked a favour.

" We don't, uncle but Sapphire has." Answered the eldest twin as she eyed the said girl. Takemichi flinched cause she was spacing out again, though was able to respond by nodding her head, stating that the twin's claim was true. Their uncle didn't look convinced but accepted it nonetheless.

As they all entered, Barin told the kids to settle down so he could talk to the receptionist and the one in charge. The kids did as told then took the available seats, waiting for their guardian to return.

" I'm kinda nervous..." The raven girl murmured but was enough for the twins to hear.

" You'll be fine. This is for your Mental and Physical physique, besides you planning these then we help. Simple as that... if anything happens, uncle will handle it." Someone about Maxe's answer felt like foreshadowing. I understood the first one but the second about getting uncle involved is a different story.

Another few minutes passed and still no sign of uncle. Macey got bored and wanted to explore but we stopped him, knowing that he'd do something chaotic and get us kicked out.

" Not now..." His twin scolded him, making him pout. To distract ourselves away from boredom, Maxe gave us some books to read. Not till later, uncle finally came back. He called them over then followed the chief officer.

" So, who are we meeting?" Asked the officer while leading the four visitors. Maxe elbowed the raven girl to answer the question, cause she was spacing out again.

" Oh... Uh... The Haitanis, sir."

" Are you sure to meet them? They're dangerous youngsters." He asked again, worry filling his tone. If only they were too aware of the incidents.

" I am certainly sure, sir."

" It's best if we grant this little girl's wish, they have a history with each other." The chief didn't say anything from Barin's words but followed with a sigh. Walking around the prison halls, the chief started giving them a tour around.

————

***Rindou's Pov***

Me and my brother are inside of our shared cell doing nothing and feel bored. Lucky for us, they gave us some books to occupy ourselves. Waiting for lunchtime, I started to do some stretching cause my muscles are going stiff.

" This sucks..." I heard my brother complain while throwing the book somewhere.

" That's like the 30th time you've complained. Shall we hold a record and make it fifty?" My brother just rolled his eyes, flopping himself to bed and started sleeping. I did the same then continued with my exercise to get rid of boredom.

" Hey, Haitanis... Get up." One of the police guards called out while banging on our cell. Ran suddenly woke up out of his bed with a thud, earning a grunt in response due to the receiving pain in his body. While, I, on the other hand just kept a calm face then approached the guard.

" What?" I spat out. The guard shivered as all of his courage suddenly disappeared.

" You got some nerve waking me up, guard." He shivered more at Ran's threatening gaze, despite trying to put a brave face.