The King's Secret Pt.3

Start from the beginning

Despite Shoto usually looking calm or sometimes uninterested, he was beginning to fit in quite well. He liked spending time with the children, teaching the little pups how to draw and paint. But he also spent time with some of the elders who taught him about their history and ways of life. It turns out that Shoto is deadly with knives, able to hit targets dead on from 40 meters away. Bakugou didn't like the nudges Mina sent his way when his jaw dropped from Shoto hitting the bullseye first try.

As well as Shoto becoming a part of the community, he had become a part of their small family too. Not his blood family, because they wouldn't stop gushing over him until either Bakugou was cringing or Shoto had a panic attack. That only happened once, thankfully. He meant his own pack, his own idiots. A week had passed before Shoto confessed to them about his magic. Another two until he was ready to show them. They were shocked to say the least, but Kirishima was ecstatic that there was someone somewhat close to him.

"Just..." Shoto began hesitantly, "don't run away."

"We won't." Bakugou assured, almost desperate in wanting to see Shoto's magic.

"Yeah, what Bakubro said! We'll accept you!" Kirishima encouraged with a smile.

"Okay."

Shoto held out his hands palm up, taking a deep breath in and out before activating his magic. In his right hand ice began to form, the cold temperature making Denki shiver from beside him. In his left, red flames flickered brightly, reflecting off the ice and making light dance around the room.

"Elemental magic." gushed Mina. "That magic was last recorded way before the treaty was declared."

"So cool." Hanta leaned in to look closer at the fire, jumping back with a yelp when the fire grew for a moment. 

"Sorry!" Shoto rushed out. "I can't really control it!"

"Don't worry man!"

"We can help you to control it." Bakugou declared, making Shoto look at him with confusion. "We'll find books, or the elders might know something, or damn, we'll figure it out ourselves."

The rest of them nodded in agreement, offering him warm smiles that made him tear up.

"You aren't... you aren't scared?"

"Why would we be scared?" asked Denki before grinning. "You're Shoto, and we love Shoto!"

The youngest of them looked down, letting his magic diminish as stray tears fell down his cheeks. They weren't scared of him. They didn't hate him. Denki said they loved him. Words evaded him once more, and quiet sobs replaced them when a familiar figure hugged him, letting him let out years worth of pain and fear and self-hate that had been kept inside for so long. He found himself hugging back, touch-starved and desperate to feel comfort from those he grew to care about. 

Mina, Sero, Kirishima and Denki soon joined the hug, knowing this was something Shoto needed. They spent the rest of the afternoon messing around with the boy's magic, seeing if he could change the colours of his flames - he alternated between orange and red, sometimes with blue tips - and if he could make shapes out of his ice. Small things like flowers and knives came easy, the latter making Bakugou grin madly when it pierced the centre of the door across the room before melting away, but making figures of people was a little harder. 

They stopped when Shoto began to get tired, not wanting him to overuse his power when it had been dormant for so long; it was also time for dinner, so they rushed to the hall to sup on delicious meats and fresh vegetables. Unfortunately, that night, last night, Shoto had woken up from a particularly bad nightmare and ended up sleeping with Bakugou in his bed, drowning in the smell of forests and sweetness as he returned to a peaceful slumber.