Ch. 15 - The song ~ Bonita

~Maria's POV~
(Word count: 789w)
(Warnings: None)
Song linked at top ^

I knew I shouldn't have winked, but I already knew that she could tell my feelings for her, I was just worried somebody else would find out. Nobody could know I liked her, it would only end badly, that's the only way it could ever end. I would have to leave, and she would be shunned from her familia, which she loves so much. I would hate myself if that happened due to my selfish desires, and she would surely hate me too.

I rushed off with Mirabel and Camilo, sure, they were a couple years younger than me, but they were fun. They reminded me of my brother back home, he was always getting into trouble. "You can sit with us." Mira patted the seat at the table in between her and the other trouble maker. I sat down and watched as the rest of the family took their seats. I noticed Luisa gave Mira a look when she saw where I was sitting, instead she sat next to Mira. "So Maria" my head snapped over to the voice "We still don't quite know much about you, but you seem to get along with two of my girls, I would love to know more about you." It was Agustín, Luisa and Mirabel's papá "Oh! Well what would you like to know?"

It made me nervous being asked questions, especially in front of the whole familia. "Well you said you're from Venezuela, do you have any family there?" Mierda "Yes, I've got my parents and my brother, he's a few years older than me, although he doesn't act it." I tried to say lighthearted so he wouldn't see my distress "Oh wonderful, so do you plan on going back there? Or will you be staying here in the village?" "She's staying here." I turned my head to the voice of Alma speaking in. After some more questions, dinner was quickly over, I was tired from the day of teasing, so I decided to just go to sleep.

As I layed in my semi-comfortable bed I closed my eyes to go to sleep. I listened to the sounds of the people moving around doing different things, I wondered what Luisa was doing, I couldn't stop thinking of her, I wanted to see her, but I was sure she was asleep. I must've been thinking out loud cause Casita's floor tiles moved towards the door, which is what I could only assume as she meant she was awake. I threw a robe on over my nightgown and stepped out into the darkness of the hallway, I made my way up the stairs to her door, and before I could even knock, it opened, and Casita promptly threw me in using her tiles again. I quickly grabbed onto the nearest thing I could to hold myself steady, when I regained my composure and looked around I didn't see Luisa anywhere, it felt invasive to be in here without her permission, much less when she wasn't even In here. I turned to go out but when I tried turning the knob it wouldn't budge, great, Casita must've locked me in.

I quietly walked around the room to see if I could see Luisa, her room had a couple doors and a balcony, I figured I would just try the balcony first. I stepped out and felt the cool air hit my face. It reminded me of the walks I would take back home, I got to the edge and looked out at the view, she wasn't up here, but I didn't want to walk back In quite yet, it was just so nice out here. Before I realized it, I was doing something I do on my walks at home, singing. I just needed to feel at home again, desperately, I knew If I was seen, they would surely think I was crazy. Singing on a balcony in my nightgown, on such a cold night at that. "My beautiful girl, you make me crazy. In my chest I want to be your heartbeat and complement" I sang a song I knew that made me think of Luisa. "Caress me with the softness of your skin, I feel that you are so delicate When I have you on my body." I got so lost in the words of the song, that I didn't hear her heavy footsteps behind me "Maria." I whipped around, face red with embarrassment "L-luisa! I'm so sorry I was trying to find you and then I ended up out here and I-" I rambled on while looking down too afraid to look her in the eye. When I looked back up her face was but an inch from mine "Luisa?"