chapter sixteen

En başından başla

their intern exams were approaching, so the group were studying together while burke made cristina taste different cakes. 

callie had famous flashcards, as she scored highest in her intern class. veronica had the photographic memory to help her, not that the others knew that. so, she had flashcards the group kept circulating, as they couldn't use callie's.

so, they were studying as much as they could before they had to go to the hospital for their shift. 

veronica walked into a conference room full of cake, burke had set it up so they could choose the cake for their wedding. cristina wasn't being helpful so he needed other people's opinions.

"i think this may be heaven," veronica quipped, moving to try each of the cakes. 

"how can you eat this much sweet stuff," cristina questioned as she watched her devour her sixth slice of cake since that morning. 

"talent."

---

veronica had found herself in a supply closet studying after bailey said they couldn't scrub in on any surgeries. she had done her rounds and checked on all her patients. 

someone walked in. she glanced up, it was mark. 

"what are you doing in here, sweetheart?"

she raised her notecards, waving them at him, "studying."

"come on," he spoke, moving to sit next to her. he held his hands out. "let me help."

"no, mark, you have patients-"

"give me your flashcards."

she handed them over. 

"what is the strongest layer of the small bowel?" he asked. 

"submucousa," she answered, with no hesitation.

"what is atenicaratosis?"

"a pre-malignant lesion in anyone.".

mark looked down at her as she stared ahead, biting her nails. 

"sweetheart, you never hesitated and got both right. straight away," he voiced. "i think you've got this down."

"photographic memory," she told. "don't tell the others."

"i won't but that's pretty cool."

---

veronica was allowed to give their vip patient, the chairman of the board, an ultrasound and an x-ray. his penis had swollen, which was an understatement. 

bailey had interrupted her studying so she could. and it turned out there was a fish in his penis. to be exact, the penis fish was in the penis. 

"holy shit, this is brilliant," veronica exclaimed. everyone stared at her. "brilliantly horrible, his poor penis."

"i like you more and more everyday sunshine," cristina complimented. 

---

"did you know dr montgomery and sloan have a bet going to do with you?" alex told her as she was going to the penis surgery. "and she slept with me."

"you slept with addie?"

"did you miss the part about the bet?" he asked. 

"a bit. what's the bet?"

"she wants to know he isn't a manwhore before he asks you out or something."