Chapter thirty four -- growing apart.

Start from the beginning

. . . . . . . . . .

Jeremy.

It was fun looking at her playing with kids. She look so fond of them and she was so sweet and caring. No wonder why Jacinta's kids were easily glued, while Julio's were a bit a teen so they bond with Cattey in different and more mature terms like braiding hair, make ups and selfies! Can't believe she was even up to that.

Later that night and after dinner, when the kids were still energetic while Cattey was tired with the kids I just hold her and let her rest in my arms while watching others playing along. Mom, Dad, Julio and his wife Divina were talking about something business while Jacinta and Romel were just sitting and watch the kids play with their older cousins. The house was chaotic and noisy but it was heartwarming especially since unlike before I have found someone to stay in my side forever too.

"tired?" I asked. She nodded at me as a response and smiled before saying, "Their cute." I could sense her contentment in her words and appreciation of the view.

"I know. .and sooner we'll have our own mini versions." I smile with the picture of having my own kids running around and laughing while playing with their mother. The scene was perfect. "I wonder if they'll look like you. .I want them to look like you." The future feels so warm and inviting. I can't help but feel a huge inner glow inside myself.

Smiling and stroking her hair while she leans at me I waited for her reply just to hear her softly snorring by my side. She fell asleep! Amused and not believing she had sleep on me, I just carry her upstairs and let her sleep in peace. She must have been too tired to play with the kids.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Emily.

I started working again, the town was much little than the city but it was fine and good somehow. The traffics weren't that bad and pollution was still far away.

Working in a local company, I tried to busy myself and indulge more of my life in the little town of this province. Its quiet and home though sometimes I'll end up looking at my nieces talking to their older cousins or their own siblings which always reminded me of my sister, I just somehow buried her inside my head.

I want to forget her and her betrayal and I want to live alone like Im an only child and though admitingly I miss her but her betrayal always comes to my mind and all the hurt and pain would resurface again.

I want to move on and have a new life and I know I can only have it if I'll forget about her. Two months had deliberately passed and my wedding should have been next month or a couple of weeks from now, the thought of June makes my heart sank deeper. I just have depended in my sister too much that everywhere I look and whatever I do I got reminded of her and everytime I got reminded I always feel stuck between her and Jem. I love Jem so much that knowing he love her more than me hurts to greater extent. The pain was unimaginable and almost unbearable.

Why can't it be another girl?

Trying to focus, I busied myself with worked and worked until I forget her again. This had been my routine daily, I'll remember her and our blissful past then the scenes would suddenly turn sour and bitter. Then hate comes then escape. I wanted escape thats why I choses to be as busy as possible.

"Emily." I spun around and saw Magna smiling at me. She wore her office uniform, black skirts topped with a light yellow polo like but had curves and black linings. She was cute and funny that's why making her as a friend was as easy as breathing. "Lost in your thoughts again?"

"Im not. .just thinking. Anyway. .are you done with your work already?" I said trying to change the subject.

She shook her head in response but still smiling while I look at her a little confused. She was a little like me in work. When she's tied up she usually finishes things before talking to other. "Its lunch already. .that's why I come over to remind you its lunch time!!!" she said high spiritedly as she held my hands and put my works in my desk. "Let's go?"

I just nodded at her in response and let myself be dragged away.

So far my life her has been nice and peaceful that going back hasn't really been an option.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jeremy.

I woke up with a sudden noise and when I search the room I saw Cattey moaning. Panic kicked in and drove my sleepiness away and when I touch her, her temparature was alarmingly high.

Waking my mother, I asked for her helped thus she ordered me for a luke warm water and a towel. After preparing both my mother dipped the towel and rolled her sleeves. Shockingly, she had some bruises and when mother took her dress her bruises were all over her body.

"Lets bring her to the hospital." Mother said calmly and I so obliged.

The trip was rather long and I was impatient and when we already got her admitted the doctor said the bruises was cause from over fatigue and too much exertion. Remembering their play and how exhausted she was I almost cursed feeling that I should have really insisted for them to stop at that moment so it would not have resulted to this.

We stayed their for a day or two making sure she was really fine and had asked prescriptions for vitamins and other medicines.