Propose (Xicheng Modern)

What if he says no?" Jiang Cheng asks.

"He won't," Wei Wuxian responds.

"How do you know?"

"Because I felt the same way with Lan Zhan and he said yes. Moreover it was him to proposed to me. "

"Yeah, but that was pity."

"Haha, you're so funny."

"Ok, sorry. But seriously, what if he does say no?"

"Then there's something wrong with him because he loves you too much to say no."

"What if-"

"He's here. I'd love to stay and chat about your insecurities and anxiety but I have to go. He'll say yes. Just relax."

Jiang Cheng takes a deep breath as Wei Wuxian pats his back and then leaves.

"Is he good now?" Yanli asks.

Wei Wuxian smiles. "Yeah. Cameras are set to record the moment."

Huisang beams. "Perfect. Let's go."

Wei Wuxian smiles. "Let's."

***

"A-Cheng, you've been acting weird all night. What's happening?" Lan Xichen asks, concerned for his boyfriend.

Jiang Cheng stands. "A- Huan, over the years we've been many things. Strangers, co-workers, friends, brother-in-laws, lovers. It changed as we grew and got to know each other. And I'm so happy to have such a great boyfriend."

The nervous proposer could feel everyone's eyes on them.

They all were giving him the secretive smile that Wei Wuxian gave him before they left. He felt lucky to have such a supportive family.

They knew what he was doing.

"But I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore," Jiang Cheng says,

Lan Xichen's eyebrows furrow. He felt like his whole world crushed before his eyes. He was thinking about what the hell did he do wrong.

"I want you to be my husband," the younger boy finishes, getting down on one knee and pulling out the box.

Lan Xichen's eyes fill with tears and his hand flies to cover his mouth.

Hysterical laughter leaves the older as he shakily answers yes and the whole restaurant starts clapping.

"Do you know it had the worse starting for the propose?" Xichen asked as he pouted.

"I know. And I am sorry about that. You know that I am not really use to do these type of things. But I wanted to do something for you. So..."

"Acting very cliche, love," Xichen teases, taking the ring from Jiang Cheng and slipping the ring onto his (jc)finger.

Jiang Cheng laughs. "It's my engagement day, let me be cliche."

Lan Xichen smiles, pressing a kiss to Jiang Cheng's temple.

"Of course, darling. Thanks for coming into my life"