Available (SangYi Modern)

A really short one~

The cold didn't penetrate Jingyi's skin the way other people complain of, but when the sun's light was blocked by rainclouds, Jingyi felt it. He closed his eyes and turned his face up to the downpour, hair, suit, and skin already wet.

He'd been feeling disconnected since Sizhui started dating Jing Ling . Also
Discovering his adoptive father Lan Xichen's relationship with Jing ling's uncle Jiang Cheng had been like paste icing on a mud cake.

The rain stopped and Jingyi opened his eyes, then blinked up at black nylon. He followed the canopy of the umbrella down the shaft, over the masculine hand and up a dark sleeve. The details of the face were hard for him to focus on for a moment; he caught the pale gaze with his own and was stuck, entranced. A stray rain drop slid toward his eye and he blinked, eyes finally taking in the entire picture of the handsome face.

It was a little like being run over; a sudden impact of recognition followed by being out of control of his own body until he fell back into his feet, having not moved at all. It was possibly a little weird to be staring at a strange man on the street. Jingyi looked down, wiped a hand over his face, and then looked back up. "Thanks?"

"You're welcome," the stranger said. His umbrella was wide, but he was still standing close to Jingyi in order for both of them to be protected by it. After a moment, his affable expression broke into a smile. He tipped his head. "Going my way?"

Jingyi wasn't; he hadn't really had any destination in mind when he left the house in the afternoon and walked out into the rain. But that just meant that he could be going this man's way. "Yeah."

"Great. Maybe you know a place to get coffee near here?" Jingyi nodded in answer, though he didn't know of a place off hand. There were coffee shops on every block, though, and the man hadn't specified the coffee had to be good. The hand not holding the umbrella was held out between them. "Nie Huisang"

Jingyi accepted the handshake. "Lan Jingyi. Thanks for saving me from the rain."

"I can't resist a bachelor in a bind." Huisang started them up the sidewalk. Jingyi felt a little sharp, clear gaze on him. It was a little like the rain clouds over the sun. "Assuming you're not married, that is?"

It took Jingyi a moment to realize that was a question. "Unmarried. Single." Very single and up until two minutes ago, rather lonely. A voice in his head that sounded a lot like Sizhui urged him to add on, "Available."

Huisang made a humming sound that Jingyi couldn't decipher, then asked, "Available to get that coffee with me, perhaps?"

.................