Chapter 36-40

Chapter 36

All right. I'll have my men take good care of the trees. Also, with regards to the spiritual brush and cinnabar rosary, I'll help you find them too. I happen to know Abbot Erasmus of Lagrange Monastery very well and will get him to help," Walter offered.
"Thank you, Mr. Grange!" Kai nodded. "It's getting late, so I'll have to take my leave."
After checking his watch, Kai realized it was almost noon and time for him to go home for lunch.
"Mr. Chance, if you don't mind, why don't you have lunch here? I'll get someone to prepare it right away," Walter nervously invited.
Considering Walter's utmost admiration for Kai, he wanted to ingratiate himself at every available opportunity.
Looking at Walter, Kai nodded in agreement. "I hope I'm not imposing."
"Not at all, not at all."
Elated at Kai's response, Walter ordered his servants to prepare the food immediately.
Meanwhile, at Horington Hospital, Leyton's arm had been wrapped up in a sling while Sandy stayed by his side.
"Damn that Kai! Once I've recovered, I'll definitely kill him," Leyton bellowed out of frustration.
Kai had broken his arm, threw his wedding into chaos, and turned the Scott family into Horington's laughingstock. Consequently, there was no way Leyton would take all that lying down.
"Ley, don't be angry. I ordered Warrick to teach Kai a lesson by hiring professional fighters this time. He'll definitely have Kai beaten to a pulp," Sandy remarked while peeling an orange.
"If the Sullivan family hadn't gotten in the way, Kai would have been dead!" A cold glint flashed in Leyton's eyes.
Gritting his teeth, he grabbed the orange Sandy had peeled and threw it into his mouth.
Right at that moment, Sandy's phone rang. After answering it, her expression drastically changed before she ended the call at once.
"Who was it?" Leyton asked.
"It was Warrick. He said that they were beaten up by Kai. Not just that, but his arm was also broken!" Sandy frowned. "What in the world did Kai learn during his three years in prison? How did he become such a good fighter?"
"They're nothing but useless scum, especially your classmate. F*ck it, looks like I need to do it myself!"
With his rage intensifying, Leyton gave Sandy a look before pulling her over. Then he tore off her clothes without warning.
"Ah... Ley!" Sandy screamed out of embarrassment as they were inside the hospital.
However, Leyton couldn't care less because of the urge to vent his rage. Just when he was preparing to do so, he realized he couldn't get it up.
All at once, he was seized by panic since he didn't know what was wrong. Can my broken arm affect the performance of other bodily functions?
"L-Ley, is it because you're too nervous?" Sandy asked meekly.
"Nervous your ass! Get in position for me..."
Pushing Sandy forcefully, he began to get it on again. Unfortunately, it was a futile effort no matter how hard he tried.
"Ahem!"
Suddenly, Yoel entered the room. When he saw his son trying to hump Sandy, he blushed instantly and coughed to announce his presence.
Both of them were given a fright. As for Sandy, she quickly put her clothes back on.
"This is ridiculous! With your hand broken, how can you still engage in such horseplay?" Yoel admonished Leyton.
Despite hanging his head, Leyton's eyes were burning with rage. "Dad, I want Kai dead. No matter what, he must die!"
At that moment, Leyton blamed his impotence on Kai. He assumed it was related to his broken arm.
In truth, Kai was responsible for it. However, it wasn't because he had broken Leyton's arm. Instead, he had crippled Leyton's manhood at the Gibson residence.
"Stay out of the matter, and just focus on your recovery. Since Tommy didn't take any action against him, I have to investigate and find out what sort of backing he has."
Although Yoel was furious, he didn't let his anger get to his head. He knew that there was a reason why Tommy didn't touch Kai.

Chapter 37

Dad, that bstard—" "Shut up!" Before Leyton could finish, Yoel shot him a fearsome glare, frightening him into silence. "Mr. Scott, I know Kai very well because we were together in university. He doesn't have any sort of background or support. His dad used to be a government servant but became a street cleaner after he was sacked. So, don't let him frighten you," Sandy explained while straightening her clothes. "You know sht!" Yoel shot her a cold glance. "You stupid b*tch! If not for you, Leyton wouldn't be in this condition. You're nothing but a jinx!"
Yoel stormed off the moment he finished. In truth, he had objected to their wedding as he felt that Sandy's family wasn't up to his standards. Unfortunately, Sandy somehow managed to bewitch Leyton to the extent of getting him to marry her.
Sandy's face purpled in anger after being scolded by Yoel. Nonetheless, she didn't dare say a word of protest. This was the price she had to pay for marrying into a rich family.
"Damn that Kai! I'll never forgive him!" Sandy hissed through her clenched teeth after Yoel was gone.
She didn't dare offend Yoel or Leyton. Hence, her only option was to vent her frustrations on Kai.
Back at Walter's villa, he, Tommy, and Kai were drinking happily together. They had enjoyed each other's company throughout the entire lunch.
Everyone present was envious of Kai for being able to share the table with such illustrious men despite his young age.
"Mr. Chance, today's meal is just a casual one. But tomorrow, I plan to hold a feast at Glamor Hotel, where I'll be inviting distinguished guests from both the political and business establishments of Horington. During the dinner, I'll sing your praises!" Walter declared proudly.
Walter's intention was clear. He wanted to open doors for Kai in the city. After the banquet, no one in Horington would ever dare mess with Kai again.
Despite how generous the invitation was, Kai intended to reject it. He wanted to keep a low profile and focus on his training instead. After all, his aim was to wait for the fifteenth of July.
Before he could respond, Tommy preempted him, "In that case, I would like to thank you, Mr. Grange, on behalf of Mr. Chance. Your recommendation will be of significant assistance to Mr. Chance's affairs in Horington."
Since Tommy had taken the liberty of accepting the offer for him, Kai didn't say another word. Instead, he nodded slightly. "You flatter me, Mr. Grange."
After chatting a while longer, Kai and Tommy finally left.
"My Lord, please forgive me for accepting the invitation on your behalf. Although the Templar Regiment is expanding rapidly, we've hit a plateau outside of Horington. Moreover, many other factions are eyeing our turf. Therefore, we're left with no choice but to strengthen our network further," Tommy explained his actions softly in the car.
Kai was caught by surprise. "Aren't you the absolute authority in Horington? Is there someone out there trying to challenge you?"
Kai didn't understand why Tommy felt threatened. Based on his understanding, no one other than the political elite dared to touch him.
Tommy replied in an embarrassed tone, "My Lord, those are just the assumptions of ordinary folk. Other than us, there are other factions in Horington, such as the Crimson Dragon Gang and the Moon Sect. This doesn't even include the lesser factions around. The Crimson Dragon Gang and the Templar Regiment are mortal enemies. Every year, both sides will suffer casualties from their struggle against each other. However, their gang leader, Steven Fisher, managed to learn the Impenetrable Skill from somewhere. Hence, I'm afraid I'm no longer his match."
Staring at Tommy, Kai could see that times had been tough for him over the last few years. Despite how glamorous he looked in the eyes of others, it was nothing but appearances. In truth, people like him faced danger every single day of their lives.
"If anyone causes you trouble, just let me know," Kai stated.
Given that the Templar Regiment was subordinate to him, there was no way he would ignore their troubles.
Tommy was delighted. "Based on what you just said, I'm no longer afraid of anything. With you at the forefront, no one will dare stand in your way, let alone someone like Steven."
Having seen how Kai annihilated the nine vengeful dragons, Tommy was so impressed that he utterly worshipped Kai.
Surprised at how adept Tommy was at flattery, Kai broke into a smile.