Chapter 361-370

Phoenix was furious when she heard someone was raising hell at the bar and had specifically asked for her. After all, no one, not even the prominent families of Summerbank, had the audacity to challenge her in that manner. She hurriedly gathered a few men and made her way to the bar.
In the meantime, Kai was seated comfortably on a chair and playing with his Dragon Ring while waiting for her arrival.

Tommy had reminded him previously that Dragon Sect might have a regiment in Summerbank. That was the reason why he made Orb summon the head of the Phoenix Regiment.
He was not certain if Phoenix Regiment was part of the Dragon Sect, so he wanted to find out. If they were indeed his subordinates, then he would have a much easier time in Summerbank.
After about half an hour, a lady in her thirties walked into the bar. Her hair was casually tucked into a bun and she was dressed simply in sportswear. Kai was surprised to see that Orb's superior was a beauty, as he had expected the leader of a gang to be someone fearsome-looking. Following closely behind her were two men, and from the way they moved, it was obvious they were highly skilled fighters. Kai had no doubt they were more formidable than Orb.
"Madam..." Orb hurriedly went up to greet her.

Phoenix's eyes swept across the messy bar, and the sight of her injured guards lying limply all over the place made her blood boil.
"Who asked to meet me, Orb?" she demanded.

"It's me," Kai calmly replied as he stood up.
"Who are you? What wrong have we done to you?" Although Phoenix was enraged, she had her emotions under control. She did not want to resort to violence before finding out the cause of the commotion.
"You did me no wrong." Kai shook his head and said.

"Then why did you create trouble at my bar?" Phoenix frowned in annoyance.
Orb was breaking out in a cold sweat, worried that Kai would tell on him. He knew that if Phoenix found out what had transpired, he would definitely be punished.
Luckily for him, Kai did not say a word. He deliberately showed off his Dragon Ring to Phoenix and secretly watched her closely for any signs of recognition of the ring.

Advertisement

When Phoenix saw the Dragon Ring, her eyes widened in amazement, and her expression was that of surprise for a brief moment. Although she recovered her composure very quickly, that subtle change did not escape Kai's attention. He was secretly pleased and relieved with the discovery.
All of a sudden, Phoenix shouted out an order, "I want all of you to leave the room right now! Guard all the entrances, and no one shall be allowed to enter without my permission."
Her men were baffled, but no one would dare to question her orders. They quickly helped the injured guards out and stood guard outside the bar.

When Phoenix was left alone in the room with Kai, she went down on her knee and paid respect to him. "Greetings, My Lord! I am Phoenix from Phoenix Regiment of Dragon Sect."
As Kai had already found out that she recognized the Dragon Ring, he was not surprised by her action. He merely smiled and said, "You may stand up."
Phoenix respectfully stood up and waited for instructions from Kai.

"Don't be so formal. Take a seat!" Kai pointed to a chair opposite him and poured her a drink after she took the seat.
"What brought you to Summerbank, My Lord? And what prompted your visit to Phoenix Regiment?" Phoenix asked, puzzled.

"I was forced to come to Summerbank. As for the visit to Phoenix Regiment, I was merely curious and wanted to find out if you are part of us. Do you know who our other regiments are?" Kai questioned.

Advertisement

Phoenix shook her head and replied, "I have no idea, My Lord. Dragon Sect has thirteen regiments under it, but all of us operate independently, and none of us know who the other twelve are. Are you not aware as well?"
Kai was left speechless by her question. Back when he was in prison with Draco, his master only taught him skills and told him nothing. Other than giving him lessons, Draco spent his days getting drunk and falling asleep. To that day, it was still a mystery to Kai that Draco had a seemingly unlimited supply of alcohol.
Draco did not even tell him the significance of the Dragon Ring when he gifted it to him. He also made no mention of all the regiments under the Dragon Sect.
If Kai had not met Tommy, he would not have discovered the ring he got from Draco was in fact the Dragon Ring.
Kai let out a resigned sigh and said, "Let's not dwell on that. As of now, I've already found two regiments. You, the Phoenix Regiment, and the Templar Regiment in Horington."
"You mean Tommy Lewis, the underground king of Horington?" Phoenix was taken aback by that revelation.
"That's right." Kai nodded.
"What a surprise! I never thought Tommy and I have anything in common!" She let out a chuckle, then went on to ask, "My Lord, you mentioned you were forced to come to Summerbank. Are you in some kind of trouble?"
"I've eliminated the Whitaker family, so the Jantzs are threatening to kill me and my family. For the safety of my family, I have no choice but to move to Summerbank," he nonchalantly explained.
"My Lord, are you Kai Chance?" Phoenix exclaimed in astonishment.
"You heard about me?" Kai was baffled by her reaction.
"Of course! Everyone in the high society of Summerbank has heard about you and your amazing deeds! At the Warriors Alliance Conference, the Jantzs had hinted time and again that they wanted our help to capture you. Also, they demanded that no one should eye any of the Whitaker family's assets," Phoenix said.
"That being said, I have no regard for the Jantz family, so their words mean nothing to me. I do as I wish, and they have no influence over me. In fact, I am already secretly taking over some of the Whitaker family's assets. Moreover, I told my men that if we were to meet you, none of them are supposed to give the Jantzs a hand in dealing with you. The Whitaker family deserves their ill fate. It is their retribution!" she added.
With a look of awe on her face, she continued, "I did not expect you are the one who did all that great work, My Lord! I was hoping to meet the righteous person who stood up against them, and boy, am I glad I got the chance to meet you! Rest assured the Jantz family will never get to harm you or your family as long as the Phoenix Regiment is around. We will not hesitate to fight them to our last man!" Phoenix got emotional as she pledged her loyalty to Kai.
Kai was a little embarrassed by the lavish praises Phoenix heaped on him. He let out an awkward smile and said, "I will definitely come to you if I need any help. For now, I need to keep my identity confidential, so please address me as Mr. Chance instead of 'My Lord.'"
"Understood!" Phoenix nodded.
Kai decided to take his leave after a brief chat with Phoenix, as he did not want to make Lizbeth worry for him by being away for too long.
When he stepped out of the bar with Phoenix, he noticed the place was heavily guarded and surrounded by men from Phoenix Regiment. When Orb saw Phoenix, he quickly went up and asked with concern, "Are you okay, Madam?"
Unexpectedly, he got shoved aside instead. Phoenix pushed him away and cleared a path for Kai. "This way please, Mr. Chance."
Kai nodded at her and walked out of the bar, leaving a row of jaw-dropped men rooted to the ground in surprise. All of them, especially Orb, were taken aback by Phoenix's excessive display of reverence toward Kai.
"Phoenix Regiment, take heed!" Phoenix howled, and all her men instantly fell to their knees, waiting for her order.
"From this moment on, Mr. Chance's order is your command. Anyone who dares to go against him dies!"
"Yes, Madam!" the men replied in unison, giving her their word.
Orb was in such a fright that he nearly wet his pants. He stood up shakingly and actively avoided Kai's eyes.
Kai smiled, gave him a pat on his shoulder, and left without another word.