Ch 10

Jream's pov

I heard my phone ring for the second time in 5 minutes, while I rummaged through my closet to find my blue Nike shorts.

"What?" I said not even bothering to look at the caller id and put it on speaker.

"I'm finna end the call and try this again." That's when I knew who it was, Desiree. The one person who wouldn't hesitate to put me in check.

The phone rang again, "Yes, queen Desiree. How may I help you on this bright sunny morning?"

"That's much better. Now, you said you'd be here exactly 25 minutes ago." She said.

Even without seeing her I knew she was mean mugging through the phone.

"Well see the t-shirt I wanted to wear was still drying and now I'm looking for my shorts." I messed with her.

The real reason is when I told her I'd be there in 25 minutes I had really just woken up. I also didn't think I would take this long.

"Really, you know we still have to go to Wal-Mart and get popsicles. We also have to drop Kamil off at his playdate."

"Dang, shawty, why you rushing. You want us to be part of the set up crew."

"Since you're obviously not ready. I will drop Kamil off and buy the popsicles. I will be back by the time you get here."

"Nah don't do all that." I said snapping on my Cuban links.

"Do what?"

"Pay for it. Imma Cashapp you $50."

"No need, Jream I'm good. Popsicles are not that much."

"Well I have already sent it and don't send it back to me."

"Fine, hurry up. I'm not sitting on the grass 'cause there's no more chairs." She laughed.

That laugh, that laugh could turn my bad day to a good day.

"Nah the queen can't sit on no grass. I'll see ya later though."

I hung up and went downstairs to the kitchen. I ate a fruit bowl and replied to a few emails.

After I got a text from Des saying she was back at her place, I grabbed my keys and got in my car.

I was going to pick up Desiree to go to my auntie's cookout. They begged me to bring her. Since everybody prefers her over me for some reason.

Which I found shameful. Picking Desiree over their own family member.

When I got there I parked my car and started my way to her apartment building. I don't know why they made the parking lot so far from the apartment.

Right when I was about to ring her doorbell, she stepped out.

She had on this bright blue tube dress and she looked so fine in it the guy walking past us had to look back.

"Hello, Jream? I said can you hold my purse real quick. I need to get something inside."

"My bad, I can hold it for you." Most definitely need to get a hold of myself.

I walked inside and waited for her to apply her shiny lip gloss. This girl finna give a heart attack.

"I put the popsicles in that insulated bag so it won't melt." Des said.

"I ain't even think of that." I said grabbed the bag.

"Yea, I know, that's why I got it myself 'cause I know had you gotten it, by the time we get there it would have melted."