Entry 6: The break up

Entry 6: April 5th, 2022
    Last night I had the weirdest dream. Jordan texted me and was breaking up with me. I'mma check and see if it's true or not.
    As I'm about to open the text, a sudden wave of fear runs through me. What if it wasn't a dream? What will I do? Go with Charles, that seems like a good choice, but will I really be happy? Or, will I make the sacrifice so he will. It doesn't matter, it's just a dream. I'll look at our text messages and see nothing about a break up. It'll be okay.
    I open our text messages. It wasn't a dream. It says "I'm sorry, but I'm dumping you, I just don't feel like I need to date and school needs to be my number 1 priority ATM.  I'm sorry Rose, good night."
    What the fuck. The way he worded it messes with me. How could he do that? We go to the same school. . He could have done it in person. . .
    I quickly write back. "I understand, Jordan. I won't bother you anymore." He responds not even a minute after I send it.
    "I just said I'm breaking up with you, I never said don't bother me"
    "Well, usually when you break up with someone, you don't want anything to do with them. But okay" I won't bother him, I'll just let the pain overtake me quietly. I hope no one notices. . . .
   As the week progresses, he doesn't seem affected at all. I don't know why, but it makes me sink further into my ocean of depression, and I get swept away into the current of overthinking.
    Everyone, but two people can't see past my act. The two friends are very close to me. One is an empath, and the other just knows me well. I hate that they can see that I'm in constant agony, but I don't have the energy to hide it better.
    I need to find the energy. I need to do better, but the empath will be a problem. No matter what act I put up, he will see through it, only because he can read emotions. . . Fuck this. Fuck life. And fuck you Jordan!!!! I give up on love. . . I know that I will fall in love again, but will I be able to recover? Most likely not.