🎞️ ▸ 𝙋𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙧 | Secrets and skateparks

Start from the beginning

Peter had a habit of randomly taking photos of you, sometimes with him but mostly candid ones where you weren't aware. A lot of the time he would print them out and stick them onto his collage inside his wardrobe, much to your protests.

"Delete that, I probably look hideous," you whine, getting up to grab the device out of his hands as he looks at the picture he took, grinning. "Let me see!"

"Nope." He pulls the camera out of your reach last minute, making you fall onto the bed with an indignant huff. "And you've never looked hideous a day in your life," he mumbles under his breath, a hint of a scowl playing at his lips.

Pretending not to hear this, at the risk of him seeing your burning hot face, you go back to your homework. Curse Peter Parker and his stupid offhand comments that he doesn't even know have an effect on you.

Somewhere in the eventual comfortable silence of your bedroom, Peter's phone goes off and he shoots to his feet, collecting all his things into his backpack.

"Forgot I need to, uh, help Aunt May with some stuff," he explains, already rushing out of the door, offering you an apologetic smile. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, okay see you-" The door slams shut. "Later. I guess."

And with that he's gone, leaving your stupid heart still fluttering.

You see him the next day in school, just before second period. He missed first, as per usual. He never used to be late to class, but recently you've been catching him in the school hallways rather than outside your window on the fire escape so you can walk to school together.

"Parker!" you yell to get his attention as you make your way to his locker. He looks up, grins and gives you a little wave. There goes that heart again.

Just as you reach him, some girl bumps into you as she rushes to get to class, causing you to stumble and fall on Peter.

Immediately, Peter catches you by the waist, where you would otherwise have fallen face first. His hold on you is strong and steady, nothing like his old, clumsy self. That being said, your hand grips his upper arm and you gulp at the hard muscle beneath his jacket.

Woah, you think to yourself. When has he even had time to work out?
While you aren't completely surprised since you've caught glimpses of his arms and peeks of his stomach as he's taken his hoodies and jackets off in the last couple weeks, you didn't think he was this jacked.

"Uh, fast reflexes there, Parker," you nervously chuckle, still in the same position.

Your words seem to break him out of a trance and he clears his throat, gaze flickering down to your lips for a nanosecond and you almost miss it. You don't, of course, since your face is mere inches away from his and you're about to pass out from the smell of his intoxicating shampoo.

"You okay?" he asks with wide eyes, pulling you back up and you use everything within you not to complain about the loss of contact.

"Yeah, I'm f-" you cut yourself off, properly taking in his face this time. A bruise is forming under eye his, directly on his cheekbone, and you gasp, tentatively reaching a hand out to trace it. Peter furrows his brows in confusion until you speak up, but your voice doesn't raise above a whisper. "Peter, what happened...?"

"This little thing?" He looks away, pulling his hood up higher over his face, giving you a sheepish smile. Probably as an attempt to calm you down. It doesn't work. "It's nothing, really. I just... had a skating accident."

"You didn't have it last night!" you insist, struggling to see how and when it could have happened. "You also didn't have your skateboard last night when you left, and you couldn't have done it this morning because it's already starting to bruise."