009 ▸ PETER KAVINSKY | The coffee stain

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ.O.ᐯ

You were standing by your locker, books and papers messily arranged as you grabbed the stuff you would need for 1st period.

Down the hall, Peter Kavinsky was walking along beside his lacrosse team, laughing and joking about the party from the weekend.

You and Peter had been partnered up for a English project at the start of the year and this caused you to form an unlikely friendship.

You didn't hang out outside of school but you would consider Peter someone you could wave at in the halls or chat to briefly. This made the fattt (cross out) tiny crush you had on him a pain in the fricking ass.

You weren't proper friends so in your mind you had no chance with Peter Kavinsky. Peter, on the other hand, thought you were one of the coolest and nicest people he had ever met and looked forward to seeing your face everyday.

Of course you were completely oblivious to this fact because from your point of view Peter Grant Kavinsky was way out of your fricking league.

Peter noticed you sorting through your locker, admiring the cute red skirt and white top you had picked out for that day.

He grinned as he saw your furrowed eyebrows, concentrating on finding your chemistry textbook. Peter had zoned out from his teammates conversation, his focus trained on you.

"Urm ill uh see you guys later." He said absent-mindedly, already making his way over to you. The lacrosse team looked at him confused, shaking their heads until they noticed where he was headed and their puzzled looks were replaced with knowing smirks before they walked round the corner.

"Hey Y/L/N." You heard a voice say and looked up to see a mop of curly brown hair, recognising it instantly as Peter Kavinsky.

"Oh hey Peter." You said back, wondering why he was leaning on the lockers next to yours. "Wanna walk to chemistry together?"

Peter asked, his eyes watching your face with a wide smile.

"Oh... yeah sure." You replied, confused why he wanted to walk with you when he had other friends in the class.

Peter grinned, making your face heat up a little. "I just got to uh find this textbook and then we can go." You said slowly, huffing with frustration as you couldn't seem to locate it anywhere.

Peter nodded, leaning on the worn locker next to yours, enjoying watching your annoyed face which he thought was adorable.

He glanced into your locker and noticed a green corner poking out from the middle of the papers and books and he leaned in past you, pulling it out carefully.

"There you go." Peter said, handing you the green textbook. "Ah, thanks Kavinsky."

You frowned, trying to think how you could miss that. "No worries." He returned as you packed the book into your backpack.