𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺 | 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗

"...I don't exactly remember. If I had to guess, I'd say I was born with it. " You still didn't leave your fighting stance after answering honestly. 

Your eyes drifted from Madrigal to Madrigal, eventually landing on Isabella, who stood fiercely with her arms to her side, moving one arm to protectively push her younger sister Mirabel back a bit.

Isabela... What to say about her?

Naturally, she looked perfect. Her long hair fell down her back, and her eyes glowed warmly in the dim lantern light that just barely illuminated you all. Her purple dress was neat and flowy, not a single wrinkle in sight. She looked like she made men weak at the knees all for her love, like a princess. No, not a princess. A queen.

However, you weren't looking for love. You were looking for a way to get out of this situation. 

"Thats impossible. The miracle- Your gift, that is, comes from a miracle. There is no way you were just born with this. Where are you from?" Alma demanded. You certainly didn't like her.

"I don't know." Your tone was full of annoyance. Clearly Alma wasn't buying it. She was practically in denial that someone who wasn't her family was so... magical. 

"Let's make a deal of sorts. You come with us into our Encanto. And we will give you food and shelter." You raised an eyebrow, the elder woman was clearly up to something. But... the storms wouldn't seem to get any better, judging by the fact that it was still raining, and you were also rather hungry. Perhaps going with them for a little bit wouldn't be so bad. 

"Whats in it for you?" You questioned, your gaze resting on Alma.

"We just want to help someone in need." A false tone of sincerity filled her voice. 

You were skeptical, and Alma wanted more knowledge on your ability. If you agreed, you'd secretly be at eachothers throat's for the rest of the short time you intended on living in their Encanto.

Tick tock.

Tick tock.

An imaginary clock ticked in your head, waiting for you to make your decision.

"Fine." You decided, lowering your fists. "But not for long."

"Thats alright with us." A triumphant smile rested on Alma's face. She signaled for Luisa to drop the rock she was holding.