Chapter 2 - The fitting

COMPLIMENT OF THE DAY: YOUR BEATIFUL INSIDR AND OUT AND I APPRECIATE YOU.

Belladonna's POV:
"AGH, HELP NOOO!" I woke up shaking, perspiration trickling down my forehead.

We had landed and arrived at the mansion at 12 am. Most of the time I stayed in Washington, but I had safehouses all over the country as I moved frequently.

When I had built this mansion I had made sure that the walls were soundproof. Not only to mask the gunshots and screams, which haunted each room, but also to hide my nightmares and thoughts, but no one knew that.

 Not only to mask the gunshots and screams, which haunted each room, but also to hide my nightmares and thoughts, but no one knew that

I glanced at the clock hung on the wall. 3 am. The usual time. I never slept more than 3 hours and would never take sleeping pills as I was constantly alert, even my subconscious was alert whilst I slept. Some would call it paranoia. I called it experience.

I don't know why my parents named me Belladonna. The name itself instilled fear into the hearts of those that surrounded me, but everyone called me Ma'am or Bella. The name originally meant beautiful lady but behind that was deeper meaning, a poison that seeped into your mind and destroyed your thoughts. I liked to think of myself that way.

I snapped back into reality and downed a glass of water. I never drank alcohol even if it was champagne. I couldn't spiral back into my past self.

I slipped on my silk robe, lined with feathers and moved my feet into my slippers. Before leaving the room, I grabbed my gun and slid it into the pocket of the robe.

I glanced out the window and looked towards the night sky. The only thing, which could calm me down, the only thing that could captivate my thoughts in seconds. I wistfully headed downstairs and made a mug of coffee. The day had already begun for me.

***

I arrived at the fitting at 1 pm. People never really knew when to expect me, but they made space for me and I liked that. My consultant and best friend Anja had been with me for almost 7 years. She was the only person, who could voice her opinion without asking,  although deep down I knew sometimes I terrified her.

"This way." Anja said, leading me to a secluded room. Her whole boutique was covered in floral wallpaper, but it wasn't tacky or cheap, it was elegant and classy. I stepped onto the podium in the middle of the room and held out my arms, waiting for her to take out her measuring tape. Her brows furrowed in concentration, whilst she marked the fabric from my bust to my hips, with sewing chalk.

I appreciated Anja more than she would ever know, but I never showed it. I had met Anja before I built my empire, before I had turned into the monster I am today. A decade ago I would have taken it to offense if someone had called me a monster now I took it as a compliment.

Deep down I knew she missed the conversations we would have. The sweet Bella she once knew, who would laugh and swing off the rope in that small park in Sicily, but that girl was never coming back and she also knew that. She would listen to me when I needed someone to listen, even early on she wouldn't force her advice onto me, until I asked for it and I always appreciated that quality.

She had helped me run away from my previous life and had also helped me start my new one. When I was younger, I was able to hack. I wanted to become a professor for either astronomy or art, my two distractions, hacking was only a hobby. Once I had run away, that hobby became my life. Anja gave me her salary from dress-making to use for whatever I wanted to rebuild my life. I sometimes wondered it she regretted it and if she blamed herself for the monster I became.

"All done!" her overly positive voice woke me from my day-dreaming. I nodded and silently stepled off the podium and began to collect my belongings. When Anja had gave me her salary all those years ago, she never expected me to repay her and she never wanted me to either, but once I was accomplished and feared, I had elevated her business merely by being a client. Of course I paid her handsomely and I had bought a chain of shops for her to expand her dress making business. Anja was now the most famous dress maker in the US. Celebrities and people, who were high profile flocked to her boutique to buy her creations, but she only did fittings for me.

I grabbed my purse and handed her 10,000 dollars. She made her usual fuss and ended up declining the money, but I left it on the counter for her to find after I had left.

I nodded towards my bodyguard Rio, who was waiting patiently at the door. I didn't need to be protected if anything I was more intimidating than the bodyguard, but nonetheless he was there. He must have expected some action or something when he joined years ago, but he usually opens the door for me or cleans up the messes my gun makes. Even though my family was big, my trusted circle was relatively small.

I handed him my bag and my shades, whilst I put on my red bottoms and walked out of the boutique. Rio opened the matte black Porsche door for me and I sat in the back of the car in the passenger seat. Unlike Anja my style wasn't as vibrant and free. Anja's style reflected her personality: friendly and helpful. Anja was also the type of person most people couldn't say no to; she had that effect on people with her large brown doe eyes and unruly curls. My style reflected my personality: cold and callous. I loved the colour black. It's simplicity was breathtaking. It hid everything and kept sucking you in like darkness. I took comfort in the dark, like I took comfort in the night sky. It also made things look more lavish and luxurious than they actually were.

I gazed out the window and before I knew it I heard Rio's voice saying "We have arrived, Ma'am."

A/N

I can't tell if this book is cringe or not?
Lmk if I should continue it because writing and art is my therapy.

Bella is kinda a reflection of me, but with some deep deep trauma.

Also for the next chapter which dress should Bella wear?

Pls vote and comment.

Love you all as ever ❤