𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓

Start from the beginning

Wally on the other hand, was told she would be at Wayne Manor with her family.

Both were lies but it was rare she would get caught.

Every time Talon landed a hit, Rory lost stamina for the situation and gained more annoyance in the process.

She stood weakly as more hits came her way. She would dodge, attack, and repeat until she physically couldn't. They had been at it for hours now, the sidekick was covered in her own blood. But she kept going.

As long as her friends were ok.

She fell to the ground one last time and Talon shouted in anger, getting on his knees with a firm grip on her hair, pulling at it so he could see her blood stained face.

"Weak." He spat.

She groaned in pain as he pulled her up by the hair, finally regaining her balance after a few seconds.

"Again."

~ ~ ~

"Seriously, the Atom?" Captain Marvel questioned at the hologram of the small man, "how useful could he be at that size?"

"It's the size that makes him useful" Batman informed.

"Absolutely" Flash cheered, "still we could use a little more raw power, and Earth has a third Green Lantern, Guy Gardener..."

"No." Both lanterns present responded quickly. Not even bothering to look at the hologram.

"But we could really.."

"No."

~ ~ ~

"You're improving."

"I bloody well hope so, I better get something out of this mess of a deal"

Talon glared at the teenager, "what did I say about sass. And you will get something"

"What? What could I possibly get out of this? My friends safety? That was guaranteed before you involved me in this shit show, so why did you step in?"

"You have potential, talent, a way to get to Batman"

Rory furrowed her brows and stood up, standing her own ground against the man she feared.
"So I'm a pawn?"

"Well.."

"You said you cared."

"People lie, that's the real truth about the world child. You can't trust anyone"

"You're family though. Family doesn't lie."

"Family is someone who wants you to be safe Lorelei. I'm the closest you've got to that. Your parents are dead, and they're never EVER coming back.
Your brother needed someone to care for him, that's all he likes you for.
Bruce needed someone to take the hits for him, a diversion, something to distract the 'bad guys' from him.
The team only appreciates you because of your connections, they fear Batman too much to say anything at all. If they knew you were with me right now they'd drop you in an instant like you were never there.
All Wallys sees is a pretty face to mess with, that's how teenage boys are these days. He doesn't see personality, he doesn't see anything in you.
You're useless, they're all too kind to say it to your face but they don't need you Lorelei.
Sure you're good but you will never be the best, you're a walking second place medal."