다섯.── training wheels

Start from the beginning

Jisoo hummed, as she grabbed a lock of her dark hair to untangle a small nest, a grotto similar to Jennie's when she needed to move her hands. "Is that why you're in the industry, then?" 

Clary felt her breath light up, she moved her head to the side, trying vigorously not to ramble, but she didn't really care about being a nightingale, "I just want to sing. Actually. Making music everywhere, lyrics that touch entire continents, enjoy the lights of the stage looking at the reflection of a lipstick in the audience. I want to laugh on a red carpet. I don't know. It's like, there is nothing more that I like. That I can do without thinking that when I get old if I look back I'll feel empty." 

 Jisoo looked up and the light from the incandescent bulb crossed her brown irises, like a canopy of coffee beans. "That's beautiful, Clary." 

Chewy?

Clary raised her eyebrow, smiling as she bumped her shoulder, "So Chewy is it?"

Jisoo shrugged with mischievous eyes, "My bad, I was just throwing out every syllable I learned for today's lesson."

Clary was about to spell the name when she realized she had gotten off topic, and she was still too curious, she could use the spelling for later with Lisa too. Maybe a couple of bread crackers and the tender taste of a young soju...

Clary nodded, bringing her knees closer to her chest. "And you tell me, why are you here?" 

Jisoo looked around her, the same sedative-seeking look that Clary had seen on her mom's patients when they were in the waiting room, "That's, like, a tough question," she said, scratching the bridge of her nose as she smiled, because Jisoo always wanted to lighten everything up, unlike Clary or even Lisa.

She didn't need an answer as to why her tone had become remote. It was delicate, but, in the lab, Clary always liked to look through the stethoscope. She wanted to see who Jisoo was, her authentic, beautiful self. Whether it is a comedian, an officer, a journalist, a jester, or a firefighter...

Clary placed her hands on her dongsaeng's again, "Why?"

Jisoo sighed, her whispers swirling, "With respect to this company, which is not much, but to music in general," she pursed her lips, "It's not that I really like it." 

Clary didn't know where to look now, Jisoo continued: "I mean, when they gave me the admission card, the first thing I thought about was signing up for the actress list. Then I found out that to be one you have to be an idol first here." 

Clary opened and closed her mouth a couple of times, comical as a fish out of water, she hadn't expected that response, and it made her a little uncomfortable, suspending her in the realm of disbelief, where she didn't think so, but she wasn't going to question her. She was Jisoo, she wanted the older to trust her.

How had I not thought of that? She asked herself, as she smoothed out the folds of her gray, pleated skirt without noticing.

 However, she tilted her head when she was able to regain some of her voice, "Oh, so your real dream is to be an actress?"

Jisoo let out an indiscreet laugh, as if she was never bothered by the demarcation between the iris of the stage and the sclerotid of the screen. As if she had found the balance of her cornea. It was her aria. And it was strange for Clary to listen to her saying those things, she didn't agreed that she was training for something that wasn't drawing the outskirts of her great design. She wanted to understand her better, so she decided to talk to her more.

Still, Jisoo's hands moved in the breath of her excitement, "Well, we can say yes. Maybe," contagious, Clary returned the warm smile, "Although I'm not going to pretend that when they called me for this project I wasn't excited."