ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜱɪᴅᴇ - ʜ.ᴊꜱ ✞︎✔︎

Start from the beginning

It… bewitched me, pulling me closer to them.

I was about inches from their lips before they awoke suddenly, sitting up quickly before holding their heads in apparent pain. I shrank back into the shadows. This human… so beautiful and sweet-looking. So pure and untainted. So… perfect. How was a beast as I able to withstand their beauty? I would never know. But the only thing that ran through my mind was one thought.

I can’t let them leave. Not for a moment, not even for a second. They can’t go… I wont let them.

𝙮/𝙣 𝙥𝙤𝙫

I woke up, my head spinning and aching. I groaned in pain as I sat up. Where was I? I looked around at the scenery around me. The sparkling petals of nearby flowers, the moon’s rays reflecting off the surface of the creek, the slow pitter patter of footsteps… wait. Footsteps?! I spun around, eyes blown wide as I faced my captor.

…I was right. He was beautiful.

He rose from the shadows. His honeycomb skin looked radiant and glowing. His hair looked soft yet wild on top of his head, and in the moonlight, it seemed almost a rosy red colour. He wore a long green cloak, and mahogany trousers with a few holes around it.

And last of all, his face. He had astonishing, brown eyes that seemed to outshine the creek with how it twinkled. On the sides of his cheeks were small patches of  vermillion green scales, which adorned his cheekbones perfectly, and his lips. A soft pink. He looked human, but the scales adorning his cheeks and chest were nothing to ignore. I could feel my cheeks warm up as I furiously blushed.

“H-hello?” The man called. I snapped back into reality and tried to regain my composure, shaking my head to try and get rid of the massive blush I had prevalent on my cheeks. I looked up towards the mysterious being, my eyes roaming around his concerned looking face.

“Oh no… d-did the water make you sick?! No… I didn’t m-mean for this..” he rambled. I chuckled at his cuteness. This is what dragged people to their deaths? No chance. I smiled as his chocolate brown eyes met my (e/c) ones.

“Sorry but. . . who are you, sir?” I spoke, finally regaining my composure. He seemed to shrink into himself, a small blush adorning his features. It made my heart skip a beat.

“I’m Jisung. What i-is your name… human?” He timidly asked, his eyes never leaving mine. I smiled, hoping to comfort him a bit.

“My name is Y/N. It’s nice to meet you, Jisung.” I said, reaching my hand from beside me for a handshake. Jisung sat in front of me, staring at my hand. He titled his head to the side in confusion, just like a puppy would. I held back the urge to squeeze his cheeks. How cute!

“It’s a handshake. It’s in the name, really. You put your hand in mine, and I shake it.” I said, slowly. He seemed to understand what I meant. But instead of reaching his hand out to shake mine, he leaped onto my lap, hugging me tight. I froze in surprise.

“S-sorry. I’d rather do this.. i-if it’s okay.” He whispered. At least he’s polite. I hugged him back, his surprisingly warm body cuddling up to mine.

This carried on for a bit until suddenly , I realised that my brother is still in the creek. I carefully pushed Jisung off of me, his head tilting again in confusion.

I looked over to the creek, no movement in the calm waters beyond. I started to panic. What if he drowned?! I quickly got up and started running to the shores of the small garden-of-an-island, screaming his name.

𝙟𝙞𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙤𝙫

They suddenly bolted towards the shore, screaming the name ‘Yoongi’ over and over. I ran behind them, fearing the worst. Were they trying to leave me? For some guy named ‘Yoongi’? Was Yoongi the man calling out their name before? Did they… already have someone else?

How… upsetting.

I kept my pace, putting those thoughts behind me as they reached the shore. They seemed, worried. Panicked even. It somehow hurt to see them in such a horrible state. I hugged them from behind before they could get into the water.

“Agh- huh?! Jisung? L-let me go!” They screamed, flailing around in my arms. I turned them around to look at me, worry plastered onto my face.

“Who’s Yoongi? Huh?! Why do you want to leave me?” I asked, sadly. We had only met hours ago, but I felt we had this… connection. Like it was fate pulling our souls together, so we could meet like this. They kept thrashing in my arms, tears ruining their beautiful face. I haven’t even realised they were speaking.

“Help me! Help me save him, Jisung! He could be hurt in there!” They pleaded, pointing towards the creek in front of them. I frowned deeply. They did want to leave me. And now they wanted me save their… unfortunate lover.

“Fuck no.” I sternly said, putting them down. They stopped flailing around, staring at me confused, their (e/c) eyes almost searching mine.

“W-what? Why not?!” They shouted, anger and pain filling their features.