~ 33 ~ The Royal Prince

Start from the beginning

The emperor came to check if Seorin was doing anything suspicious. After he was satisfied Seorin was only learning to make nutritious herbal drinks with Yunji, he asked Seorin to escort him to see his grandson. But he didn't expect his weak little Seventh son knew how to speak fluently. It made him happy enough to fly into the sky.

Seorin was overjoyed and knelt in front of Jeongguk. "Gukkie, you know how to speak."

Jeongguk nodded his head.

"Jeongguk, you don't need to nod," the emperor said. "You can speak like earlier."

"Nephew stopped crying," Jeongguk said.

"Jeongguk, who taught you to speak?" the emperor asked.

"Fifth brother and Fifth sister taught me," Jeongguk said.

The emperor's heart softened a little toward Seorin because she helped Jeongguk learn to speak.

"Seorin, is it comfortable living here?" the emperor asked.

"Imperial father, everything here is good, except..." Seorin said.

"Except?" the emperor asked.

The emperor understood Seorin's silence meant she missed Taehyung.

Seorin didn't want to talk to the troublesome emperor. She overheard the eunuchs and palace maids gossip and found out the emperor sent Taehyung to Daegu to perform duties while she was held captive in the palace for more than a month.

Seorin was also suspicious about why the emperor visited her for the first time since she was held captive.

"Tomorrow someone will escort you and your son home," the emperor said.

Seorin thought perhaps Taehyung completed all his duties.

"Jeongguk, it's time for you to learn how to read," the emperor said.

Jeongguk was sad he wasn't allowed to return home with Seorin and his nephew.

Perhaps Jeongguk's nephew knew he was feeling sad so his nephew cried loudly.

Seorin couldn't let her son cry while the emperor was standing next to the cot. She picked up her son and found out her son had soiled his pants.

Seorin bowed to the emperor and carried her son to the bed. She cleaned him and changed his clothes.

Seorin turned around to ask Yunji to pass a new baby garment but she didn't expect the emperor to be standing nearby and became shocked. She thought the emperor had left, but now it felt like the emperor following her like a faithful dog.

Seorin assessed the emperor. He was looking at her son with his big oval almond shape eyes that even the Third and Fifth princes inherited like he was curious and wanted to carry her son.

Seorin smiled evilly in her mind, she remembered a recent dream... she gave birth to a chubby child and the emperor wanted to carry her child but she carried her child far away from him.

At that moment she wanted to hide her son from the emperor, but she can't able to do that because of the earning glow of the emperor's eyes. She gave her son to the emperor and asked, "Imperial father, who do you think he looks like?"

The emperor slowly accepted his grandson and carefully held his grandson. "His face looks like you but he has Taehyung's smile."

"Imperial father is right," Seorin said. "He also has Taehyung's eyelashes and nose ... hurry little treasure, smile with the emperor."

Seorin was coaxing her son to smile while gauging the emperor's reaction. Indeed the emperor relaxed and softened after he heard that he is the imperial grandfather now.