"Eomma, you're right," Hoseok said.

"Hoseok, I know what you're also worrying about," Consort Jung said. "You are my son, I know you also feel threatened that your Fifth brother has a good reputation, his wife is pregnant and he's gaining support from court officials."

"That's quite true, Eomma," Hoseok said.

"Hoseok, you don't need to worry about those minor obstacles," Consort Jung said.

Hoseok listened carefully to his mother's reasons.

"Hoseok, you can slowly improve your reputation," Consort Jung said. "Those court officials aren't foolish. They know in the end you'll be the crown prince so they didn't dare to commit all their resources to support your Fifth brother. What's important is military power!"

"But Lee Jonghyeok's been too dormant for years... what if Lee Jonghyeok and Fifth brother join their resources?" Hoseok asked.

"Hoseok, do you still not understand your imperial father?" Consort Jung asked.

"Imperial father?" Hoseok asked.

"Your imperial father is someone who wants to control everything within his hand," Consort Jung said. "In recent years your imperial father feels he is slowly losing control of everything. It makes him angry enough to be mentally tired and as a consequence, his health has declined. Do you think he wanted the harvest festival incident to happen? For Park Sang-Hee to fake pregnancy? Your Second brother to die? The empress to die? In front of everyone your imperial father acts like he's coping well but the truth is he's grieving, their deaths have a deep impact on the state of his mind and health, the same thing that happened after the death of Tae..... anyways he'll be lucky to live another three years."

"Eomma, is that true?" Hoseok asked.

"Hoseok, do you think that Physician Kwon is the only imperial physician who is on our side?" Consort Jung asked.

"Who else?" Hoseok asked.

"Your imperial father's most trusted imperial physician, Physician Heo," Consort Jung said.

Hoseok thought his mother was impressive.

"Hoseok, if you were in your imperial father's position would you give the throne to the first son who is strong and has support from most of the court officials, or would you give the throne to the second son who is weaker and has no military power?" Consort Jung asked.

"Of course, I would give the throne to the first son," Hoseok said.

"That's right," Consort Jung said. "Your imperial father is someone who values power and control. Of course, he wants to give the throne to the son that has control over the imperial court and military power. Even though your imperial father isn't completely satisfied with you, he's not foolish to give the throne to your weaker Fifth brother."

"Eomma, you're right," Hoseok said. "Imperial father isn't foolish to give the throne to Fifth brother. Because after Fifth brother sits on the throne, his supporters will turn against the Fifth brother and seize the throne. Imperial father wouldn't want his family dynasty to end with Fifth brother."

"Don't forget your imperial father suspected Lee Jonghyeok's ulterior motive long ago and that's why Lee Jonghyeok lost your imperial father's favor," Consort Jung said. "Now do you understand why I discussing with you?"

"Eomma I understand," Hoseok said. "If imperial father sees Lee Jonghyeok cooperating with Fifth brother, then imperial father will hate Fifth brother even more and Fifth brother will die pitifully."

"It's good you understand," Consort Jung said.

"Eomma, what about Seorin's pregnancy?" Hoseok asked.

"I couldn't stop the gods blessing her stomach with a prince," Consort Jung said. "Your Fifth brother's fate is too good. He hasn't been married for long but already has an heir."