Tears seeped out of his amethyst eyes, his heart tightened. She had explained it to him before. But...how can he accept it?!

"I'll beg you, I'll get down on my knees! Just...don't go. Don't leave me alone." His voice raised without him noticing, "Please...don't abandon me!"

He's been abandoned by his family, he didn't want to be abandoned again. He didn't want to lose the person who saved him, his salvation, his light, his...dear Freya.

He looked miserable, the desperation in his eyes was so evident that Freya's heart started to ache. She didn't want to cause him pain, this wasn't her intention.

She couldn't bear to look at him in this state any longer.

Freya hooked her arms around his neck, sealing his lips with hers. Caiden was stunned only for a second before taking control of the kiss.

"Mmph," Freya let out a moan.

The kiss was rough and passionate like he was venting out his heartache and helplessness. He bit her lips to convey his frustration.

Freya remained submissive throughout the kiss, just parting her lips slightly for the other to rummage her mouth.

They parted after who knows how long, both panting and gasping for air.

"I love you." Freya ruffled his hair and gazed at him dotingly. As if afraid that he didn't believe her, she repeated the three words again and again. "I love you very much, you don't know how much I love you."

Caiden sighed and buried his face into the crook of her neck, his eyes darkened, "Then don't leave me. Stay with me for eternity."

"I'm sorry."

In the next second, their surroundings changed. They were in the small villa that Arche gave her for her tenth birthday.

It may not be luxurious but it was warm and cozy. It was on top of a hill and one could see the vast blood ocean.

"Why are we here?" Caiden glanced around warily.

Freya didn't reply to his question, "I hope you can live well even after I'm gone."

Caiden let out a scoff, "So you're going to lock me in here?"

He knew he will never be able to surpass her in this life. She was way stronger than him. Thus, he didn't even struggle.

"The barrier will go down after I-"

A hand blocked her lips before she could keep going. Freya bit her lips after facing those eyes filled with bitter pain.

"When?" Caiden let out a self-mocking smile.

Why was he so useless?! If only the one-

"Halt your thoughts." Freya flicked his forehead and answered his question, "My birthday...in two days...no I have one more day. I'll stay here with you for the night."

Caiden didn't want to sleep, he held the person dearly in his arms. He wanted to burn this image in his mind, his Freya...

"I love you too..." He whispered to the sleeping girl. There was a nasal tone in his hoarse voice as he blinked away the tears.

He fell asleep unknowingly, he knew it was Freya who cast a spell on him. When he woke up, she was gone.

Tears fell out of his eyes, he curled up on the bed. There was nothing he could do.

Minutes felt like hours, hours felt like days. At midnight, the barrier broke. His mind went blank.

Caiden screamed but his voice didn't come out. Thrashing wildly not knowing how to vent. He went insane after meeting Freya's cold cold body.

He tried to live, he tried his best.

On Freya's fifth death anniversary, he couldn't take it anymore...

The man sat beside his beloved's coffin, eyes empty. His fingers sharpened at his will, slowly approaching his heart.

"See you soon."

He ripped it out.

Caiden woke up, panting. His body which was covered in cold sweat shuddered. Tears welled up in his eyes.

He pulled the pink-haired girl into his embrace, "Freya, my Freya...don't do that to me again."

She knew the trauma he had to face when recovering his memories. Just a few hours before he woke up, her heart hurt so much that she wanted to dig it out.

It was obvious what happened. If she knew her death would cause his so much pain, so much more than she imagined, it would've been better if they went together.

Freya wrapped her arms around him, coaxing him for the entire night.

"How many days did I sleep?"

"Three days." Freya kissed his forehead.

Caiden let out a hum and snuggled against her neck making her giggle.

Her eyes softened as she rubbed his hair, "You've worked hard. Welcome back."

Caiden nodded his head. His eyes darkened before landing on the girl,

"So are you...an independent living being now?"