Chapter 2-Different

~Truthseeker

I had always been... different from the other Nightwings, peppy, happy, and curious.  If someone had a secret, I wanted to  know, and I tried hard to figure out what it was.  The Nightwings thought that those traits made me annoying, but Queen Battlewinner thought that that would make me an excellent spy!  Because of my curious nature, I would try to figure things out, and because of my "disgustingly peppy" personality, I would be able to figure out secrets and report them to the Nightwings, but never be suspected of doing so.

On my tenth birthday, like all the young Nightwings who were trained to be assassins, spies (like me) and other Doers of Mainland Jobs, I was given a specific assignment.  When my assignment was given to me, it read:

"Truthseeker the spy, as your assignment,  you will infiltrate the Talons of Peace and learn what they are hiding from the rest of the Nightwings.  Your job is to gain their trust and then gain knowledge that we cannot.  The most important part of this job is that it is a secret, not from us Nightwings, but from the inferior tribes."  I read the last sentence again, pondering at the last two words.  That was another thing that separated me from the others, I thought that all dragons were created equal to each other.  Sadly, I was the only Nightwing who thought so.