Chapter Three: Merry Christmas

Zacznij od początku

Harry hastily handed the Snitch to Hermione before taking a seat opposite her.

"I open at the close." Hermione read out for Y/N.

"What do you think that means?" Harry asked.

"I don't know." Hermione replied.

"Y/N and I found something as well."

Y/N handed the book he was reading to Hermione who quickly flipped the pages to what they've found.

"At first I thought it was an eye, but now I don't think it is." Hermione said, pointing at the book.

"It isn't a rune, and it isn't anywhere in Spellman's Syllabary."

The picture was a triangle with a circle in the middle and a line through it.

"Somebody inked it in. It isn't part of the book. Somebody drew it." Y/N explained.

"Luna's dad was wearing that at Bill and Fleur's wedding." Harry recalled.

"Why would someone draw it in a children's book?" Hermione asked, placing the book in her lap.

"Look, Hermione, Y/N, I've been thinking." Harry continued.

"I want to go to Godric's Hollow. It's where I was born. It's where my parents died."

"That's exactly where he'll expect you to go because it means something to you." Hermione warned, not wanting to lose another friend.

Hermione closed the book and started to pack up.

"Yeah, but it means something to him too, Hermione." Harry argued.

"You-Know-Who almost died there!"

"You-Know-Who?" Y/N asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You know what I mean. But, I mean. Isn't that exactly the type of place he'd be likely to hide a Horcrux?" Harry continued, scrambling to his feet.

"It's dangerous, Harry." Hermione sighed.

"But even I have to admit, recently I've been thinking we'll have to go there. I think it's possible something else is hidden there."

Y/N grabbed the items from Hermione's hands as the two boys followed her.

"What?" Harry asked.

"The sword." Hermione replied.

"If Dumbledore wanted you to find it, but didn't want it falling into the Ministry's hands, where better to hide it than the birthplace of the founder of Gryffindor?"

The group stopped in their tracks when Hermione turned to face them.

"Hermione..." Harry whispered, staring at the brunette.

Hermione fiddled with Harry's hair, chuckling slightly at it.

"Don't ever let me give you a haircut again." She pleaded.

-----------------------------------------

"I still think we should've used Polyjuice Potion." Hermione whispered as they walked down the snowy street.

Y/N sneezed at the cold, wiping the snowflakes off of his head.

"No." Harry replied.

"This is where I was born. I'm not returning as someone else."

Hermione hugged Y/N's arm tightly as he slid his hands into his pockets. 

"I think it's Christmas Eve." Hermione said as they walked down the quiet town decorated with lights.