Chapter One: New Classes

Y/N had been training with his master for a few months now and has just arrived back to Hogwarts. He has had great improvement, he is now able to control his powers even with the seal on, though if he went all out for longer than 10 minutes, he would pass out. The seal could only hold back his powers, causing him to lose consciousness with he went overboard, though with proper training, he would soon be able to handle it. Y/N's body was now more muscular as instead of only having to focus on stealth and sword slashing, he now focused on building more strength. 

He had been exchanging letters with Hermione as much as he could. Hermione had told him all about her family visiting France. She and him would tell each other about anything and everything just so they could stay in touch. Y/N smiled to himself, remembering the kiss she had giving him on the cheek before they had separated. Y/N snapped out of his thoughts as he entered his grandfather's office.

"How has training been?" Dumbledore asked gently, moving his eyes towards the red-eyed boy.

"It's been great grandfather, I've learned to control my power, though only for about 10 minutes, longer than that and I'd pass out." Y/N exclaimed proudly.

"That's lovely. We've gotten news that a very dangerous person has escaped prison. Sirius Black. I do hope you be careful traveling around." Dumbledore said on a more serious note though quickly putting back a smile on his face.

Y/N nodded, placing his arms behind his back with a small "yes sir" as he thought of possible ways to keep his friends away from danger. Dumbledore cleared his throat gaining Y/N's attention.

"I believe a certain train will be arriving soon..." He trailed off, earning a smile from Y/N as he rushed out of his office.

------------------------------------------

Thunder roared as the rain poured heavily onto the many carriages moving through the path making their way towards Hogwarts.

Y/N paced back and forward near the entrance to the Great Hall waiting for his three friends to arrive, lost in his thoughts. The young boy couldn't wait to see his friends again. He was secluded in a dark forest for many months, of course he had sent letters to Hermione every day and sometimes to Ron and Harry, but he was still nervous to see his friends again. He sighed as he tried desperately to fix up his hair and tidy his robes whilst students piled up, taking their seats, getting ready for their meal. 

"Y/N!" A voice echoed down the hall snapping the H/C haired boy from his thoughts as he snapped his head towards the voice.

Before he could make out who yelled his name, he was tackled into a hug. The lovely curly locks he had been waiting to see again revealed itself as he looked down, catching the person throwing themselves onto him while hugging back. 

"I've missed you..." Y/N whispered into her ear, making chills run down Hermione's spine.

Y/N smiled gently as she hugged him tighter. The two released themselves from their hug when they heard someone clearing their throats behind them. Harry and Ron appeared behind Hermione with smiles on their faces, though Y/N thought he saw a hint of jealously on Ron's face but he quickly brushed it off.

Y/N smiled as he ran towards Harry, giving him a quick hug then giving Ron a pat on the shoulder smiling at him. The four of them quickly made their way over to their seats as a group of students made their way to the front, lead by Professor Flitwick. During the performance of the choir, the trio explained to Y/N about what had happened on their way back to Hogwarts. They revealed that they were attacked by Dementors and that a professor that had been sleeping saved them from it.

The crowd erupted with cheers as the choir finished their song, dispersing to reveal Professor Dumbledore.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts!" He yelled through the claps.

"Now, I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast." He continued.

"First, I'm please to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, professor." 

The new professor stood up humbly, earning an applause from the crowd. Y/N looked at him with curiosity, not sensing any danger from him, he gave a gentle smile.

"Of course. That's why he knew to give you the chocolate, Harry." Hermione whispered across the table.

Y/N looked towards her, noticing how much she had changed throughout the few months they were apart. She had matured a lot in that short time, her voice was now deeper, her hair shorter but most obviously, she had begun to look more like a woman.

"Psst Potter! Is it true that you fainted?" Malfoy spat out from behind them, snapping Y/N out of his thoughts.

"I mean, you actually fainted?"

"Shove off, Malfoy!" Ron defended, turning Harry to face away from the Slytherin.

"How did he find out?" Harry whispered.

"Just forget it." Hermione reassured.

"Our Care of Magical Creatures teacher has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs." Dumbledore's voice echoed down the hall gaining everyone's attention back.

"Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid."