_____

“Ehhh??? (M/n)’s sick!? Is he alright??? He’s still alive right? Right???” Hinata and Sugawara asked, bombarding the two with never-ending questions. Narita and Kinoshita were luckily saved by Daichi who had put Sugawara and Hinata in a corner to stop them from bothering the two second years.

“Rei didn’t specify if he’s feeling better or not though, so I don’t know if he’s alright or not...” Kinoshita frowned.

“We could visit him!? Bring him snacks and chill out there!” Tanaka suggested.

“Do you guys even know where he lives?” Sugawara bluntly asked.

“Yup, he lives a few houses down from Noya-San's house.” Tanaka answered.

“Alright! Let’s see (m/n) and fight that cold!” Nishinoya declared and was about to rush out with Tanaka and Hinata when they were suddenly pulled back by Daichi and Ennoshita.

“Not so fast you three,” Daichi said as he sighed pondering how he ended up like this in his life, “we can’t all go there at once. It’ll just worsen his cold and also, we might all get it.”

“I’m honestly fine with that— “Ennoshita stated simply with the rest of the team nodding in agreement to his statement.

“Well, if you all get sick then none of you will be able to play at the tournament.” Sugawara deadpanned making the entire team sob at the harsh decision they had to make.

They all wanted to be around (m/n) and help him feel better, but their captain and co-captain we both correct. They couldn’t all go and if they did, they’d be risking the chances of themselves getting sick, which they were all sure that (m/n) would definitely scold them for.

Daichi released a sigh as the entire team frowned, “Ennoshita, Kinoshita and Narita you guys can go and visit him,” he said, “you’re planning on going over to Nishinoya’s for a study session, right? You can head over to (m/n) and hand him some medicine, which we’ll buy for him, and then head over to Nishinoya’s.”

Ennoshita turned to his fellow forgotten ones and nodded, “alright.”

“Great, now that’s settled let’s continue practicing before Coach Ukai yells at us for slacking off.” Sugawara chuckled as he ushered Tanaka and Nishinoya off to the court while the other’s headed to the other side.

_____

“Okay! Let’s get going,” Daichi said as he walked out of the shop with meat buns, handing one to each team member and leaving two for (m/n), “here Ennoshita, the medicine plus some meat buns for him to eat.”

“Thanks,” Ennoshita smiled and turned to the rest of the second years, “okay let’s head out.”

“Yeah!” Nishinoya yelled with a grin.

The small group separated from the rest of the team, walking, and talking with one another. The sun slowly setting over the horizon as a nightly breeze whistled at them. The streetlights one by one turning on, guiding their path to their designated location.

“So, regarding what Coach told us earlier, who do you think our captain should be?” Narita asked as he took yet another bite of his meat bun.

“Chikara, obviously!” Nishinoya immediately responded, earning a nod from Tanaka who grinned.

“What? Why me? Why not one of those two?” Ennoshita asked as he pointed to his fellow forgotten ones.

“What? No way, you’re more qualified than we are.” Narita and Kinoshita both said in unison.

“Ugh...” Ennoshita slouched as he imagined himself being captain of the rowdiest team in existence.

“Nishinoya’s right though, you’re like Daichi-San, like the second father of the team... or something.” Kinoshita stated.

“No thanks, I’m not ready for the responsibility and commitment.” Ennoshita bluntly replied.

“Well too bad! You’re gonna be our captain and that’s guaranteed, bet two-thousand yen!” Nishinoya declared.

“Boo! Do four thousand!” Kinoshita said in the background.

“Yeah! Don’t be a coward!” Narita pitched in.

“Then you guys bet that!” Nishinoya exclaimed.

“No way, we’re too broke for that.” The two responded in unison, waving their hands in front of them.

“And you call me weak.” Nishinoya grumbled.