Chapter Twelve

Começar do início

A few minutes later after talking to the triplets Percy went back upstairs to his room. He found the clothes laid out on his bed. He changed and caught a glimpse of his camp half-blood t shirt, the words where already gone. He grabbed the shirt and threw it in the trash along with the necklace he forgot he was still wearing. A knock came through the door, pulling Percy out of his thoughts, Audrey came in wearing an all-white outfit.

"You ready?" she asked.  Percy nodded and both of them made their way out of the house towards the golf course. It wasn't really a long walk, but Percy saw people arriving in fancy cars."All of these people are related to you?" he asked.

"Not really, most of them are my aunt's friends". They said hi to everyone out of curtesy but Percy knew Audrey wanted to get over with it as quick as possible so they avoided small talk. When they were done they took a seat in a bench next to Valerie, who was reading the same book from this morning. "Ew you're still reading that?" Audrey asked her.

Valerie nodded her head, "It's the most notable piece of literature ever written, the themes in this novel have become a major part in modern culture, creating terms and concepts that have been incorporated into our own society. No other book has ever contributed to society the way Brave New World has. So yes, I'm still reading it"

"Damn calm down Shakespeare I was just asking" she laughed, which made Valerie laugh too.

They watched everyone talking and playing, the sun was so bright there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and oddly enough Percy felt peaceful.

"What time does this end?" Audrey said. "I'm already sweating"

"Who knows, probably like three hours or so" Valerie said. Audrey groaned and looked up.

"They spend three hours playing golf in the sun?" Percy whinged.

"Usually when they are done pretending they know how to play they go back inside and drink."

Audrey laughed but he could tell Valerie wasn't kidding. Some time passed and Percy was beginning to get hot. He wasn't the only one, next to him Audrey was sweating like a pig. "You sweat a lot" he told her.

Audrey hit him in the shoulder, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing I'm just saying you are a really sweaty person"

Audrey hit him in the shoulder again, she didn't look strong but she knew how to throw a punch. "Can we go inside?" she asked.

"I don't know let me ask my mother" Valerie stood up and stopped when Audrey grabbed her arm.

"Why do you always have to ask let's just go, if you ask they'll say no"

She thought about it for a second and looked back. "Fine but let's leave discreetly"

They walked back towards the manor and waited for the game to end, shortly after most of the people left, the three of them sat in the kitchen. Audrey was dead asleep laying over the table and Valerie was chugging a glass of water.

"Do you have a tux?" she asked

"No, why"

"For the ball. You have to wear a tux or a suit"

"What's the difference?"

She took another sip of her water, "I have no idea, but ill get you one"

Valerie

Valerie had two problems: her dress and Audrey. She was already supposed to be ready, but for the last thirty minutes she's been hovering around her room trying to find a dress to wear. If only she had a flattering new dress that fitted her perfectly or one that had colors that she liked. Instead, she had an ugly salmon dress that looked a thousand years old.