Chapter 1

"Can I have a vanilla bean frappucino please?" I asked the lady standing behind the Starbucks counter. "Yeah. That'll be $5.08."I pulled out my wallet and realized I had left my credit card at home. "Oh, come on, not today. Please..." I said speaking to myself. "Is there a problem?" I sighed, closing my wallet and replied with, "Um, yeah. I seem to have forgotten my money. Is there someway I can pay it off some other time?" I asked. I knew it was a stupid question. It never worked. Okay, who am I kidding, I have never forgotten my money before. She shook her head in disapproval. "Here." A strange, good looking guy who seemed about my age, gave the lady the money that I owed. "Thanks, but you didn't have to do that." I said to the brown haired mystery man. "I wanted to." He said staring into my eyes. "I'm Caleb."he said. "I'm Lea."

"That is so true!" Me and Caleb were talking away in the Starbucks cafe. I giggled and looked at my watch; it was almost 10:00. "Oh my goodness, it is getting late. I didn't realize how long we were here for." I said feeling embarrassed because of how badly I lost track of time. I hadn't even noticed it got dark outside until now. "Oh yeah. Sorry, I lost track of time as well..." said Caleb. "Well it was nice meeting you today!" I said to Caleb, things suddenly becoming awkward. "Yeah, you too." He replied. "Um, uh... Can I um, uh... Have your um..." Caleb said, obviously asking for my number. "My number?" I said giggling. "Yeah. That." He said with a huge grin on his face. "Yeah sure. 555-5555. Let me know it's you when you text me. Okay?" I said. "I smiled and walked out to my car. It was an orange Lamborghini , which also happened to be a convertible. It took me forever to save up enough money to buy the car. But, I was able to get it, and I feel like I made a huge accomplishment because of that. I climbed in and set my purse down. My ringtone started going off signaling a text. It read "Hey. This is Caleb. I just couldn't wait until tomorrow to talk to you again. Hanging out with you was too much fun, and I can't wait another second to be able to talk to you again." Wow. Is it just me, or does it seem like he has a huge crush on me? Quickly after I got another text: "Wow, I just realized how that sounded. Don't worry, we just met, and I'm not into you in that way." I sighed a breath of relief. A stranger who might have a crush on me? Yikes! For all I know Caleb could be a serial killer. I laughed under my breath. The odds of that happening.