🧋5. great minds think alike🧋

"You're back?" Ten was flabbergasted that the guy from just yesterday was back again, ordering the same thing.

Johnny's long hair was combed neatly and he wore the hoodie without stains. He smiled awkwardly and leaned against the counter, looking into Ten's eyes.

"Yep. Same thing as usual, you remember it?" Johnny asked, Ten shrugging. He was trying to be cool, but even he realized how odd he was coming off. He'd only met the guy once and he was acting as if they've known each other for years.

"I think so. But... you're holding up the line, so is that it? With the food?"

"Oh, wait. Just the teas." Johnny blushed, forgetting that he and Mark already ate earlier. He glanced at his brother who sat outside again, shaking his head back and forth softly, headphones on.

Ten nodded and put it into the register, a smirk forming on his lips. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you came in to ask me out. You're acting weird and gay." Ten joked, Johnny's face tensing.

"What? No, I wouldn't." Johnny blurted, Ten's eyebrow quirking up. "Wait, I didn't mean it like that! I would, it's just that that's not why I- fuck."

"Alright Johnny, go sit down. You're holding up the line." Ten giggled, as Johnny paid and walked quietly to a table. Ten ordered one of his coworkers to work the register as he made the drinks, pouring them more elegantly than Johnny's ever seen anything done before.

He spaced out, but before he knew it, Ten called his name.

"Thanks, Ten." Johnny offered a smile and for the first time, Ten's cheeks were dusted with pink as he handed him the two drinks.

"Of course. And, uh, tell your brother I said hello. I'd love to meet him." Ten's gaze led Johnny's to Mark, still outside with his headphones on, looking through his backpack for something. Johnny looked back at Ten and nodded softly, putting something on the counter and grabbing the drinks.

"Oh! Johnny, get back here, you didn't have to!" Ten's voice rang out, holding up a twenty dollar bill. "That's like... a seven dollar tip! You can't just-" Johnny shot him a wave and walked out, proud of himself for leaving his phone number on a sticky note under the twenty.

Johnny held out Mark's drink, the younger grabbing it cautiously with every finger but his ring and pinkie fingers. Johnny used to be worried that he'd drop it, but Mark explained that if less fingers were used, less fingers would be wet and cold, which made sense.

"This is good. Maybe that barista isn't so-" Mark nearly spit out his drink at the sight of marker, slightly smudged on Johnny's cup.

"What?! Did-" Johnny held the cup upwards, in the dim evening light. He looked around the cup, twisting it in his hand before gasping quietly.

"No way! Johnny, he gave you his number!" Mark was excited, but his face lacked the expression (apart from his comically large, amazed eyes). He made a high-pitched humming noise and went back to his drink, excited for his brother.

Johnny was dumbfounded, reading the series of numbers on the side of his cup in Sharpie marker. It read: "Hey! Let's talk some time, yeah? :)" and was followed by what Johnny assumed was Ten's phone number.

Mark pulled a very shocked Johnny along, getting on the bus and even grabbing Johnny's wallet to pay for bus fare. Johnny, on the other hand, was too stunned to speak.

A/N: Sorry for the short title... I am tired.
Love y'all though, I'll write a longer chapter next week :)

- Max