Chapter 22 (Summer Chapters)

Start from the beginning

Y/n took the time to observe Felix, he was not pure as he was the first time he played piano for her. His elegance and grace was still there but not nearly as prominent as before, as if he was hiding his true self from those around him. His form no longer had six wings, instead just two filled the space on his back. Why was he so cautious about playing piano infront of all these people? He had done it before, the sound the string instrument played no longer reverberated in the back of the girl's mind ,the beauty and emotion seemed lost from his playing. What had made the moment so special before that he was on the peak of the highest mountain? What had made him reach the precipice of Olympus?

"Miss?" Gabriel called, Y/n was snapped from her void of thoughts.

She swiveled her heads towards the platinum blonde, her focus trailing towards his figure.

"Yes?" Acknowledged the female.

"I'd like to inform you that I find your modeling skills exquisite. I've been working in the fashion industry for a very long time and never have I met such a talented novice. Your sister is just as gifted in designing and crafting. The dresses she compiled are lovely, infact I daresay they rival the Gabriel Brand. That's why I've come up with an offer to Ms. Dupain-Cheng and yourself. An internship at the Agreste Company, I'd like Miss Marinette to serve directly underneath me. She'll study here beneath my wing and hopefully grow her own brand, it's been a long time since the company has had a competitor in the world of fashion. Audrey just isn't cutting it anymore, that's why you'll model with my son and Felix, my nephew, while he is here in France. His mother runs a section of the branch in London, it's quite popular in England. If you like I could arrange for you to study abroad there, only if you enjoy modeling for my company," Gabriel explained, pausing to drink from his crystal wine cup.

"I see... thank you so much, sir. That's incredibly kind of you, I'll have to ask Netta what she thinks. But, I'd quite like to model with your kin, I enjoy modeling very much. I'm humbled that you think so highly of us, Mister Agreste," Y/n responded.

Her heart raced at the thought of relations with the Agreste family. Surely that'd be an incredible feat for the future, not only that but she'd be able to keep Adrien and Felix company. Her gaze slowed to the boy playing Waltz of the Flowers on the piano. He still had yet to loosen up as the song reached it's climax.

"Are you a fan of Classical, Miss Dupain-Cheng?" Gabriel inquired, changing the topic of conversation.

"Most certainly, I adore Beethoven and Debussy. Both were masters of their craft, my personal favorites are Les Adieux and Reverie. Claire De Lune is another favorite, but I'm also a big fan of Frederic Chopin. His Raindrop Prelude Op. 28 Number 15 is an absolute masterpiece," The girl rambled.

"Ah, yes. Raindrop was one of my wife's most treasured pieces. She adored Chopin's works, I myself often find that I hum it unconsciously, would you like a glass of Chambolle-Musigny?" The stoic blonde asked.

"Oh, thank you sir. (You can drink at 16 in the prescence of adults in Paris. We are gonna say this is near the end of July which is Marinette's birth month so you are almost 16 and we are gonna round you up! Apologies if your younger.)" The lady accepted.

"Felix is an exceptional pianist, is he not?" Gabriel continued.

"Most certainly, he played for me at school once. When he plays fully with his heart and emotions out for the world to see, he is truly incredible. Pulchitrudinous, one could say," The girl slowly downed her glass as Schubert's Serenade added to the moment's repose.

Gabriel laughed, "Quite the vocabulary you have there, Young Miss. Are you a poet, perhaps?"

"I dabble, sir."