Chapter 22

I left the campus heading straight for my car and making my way home immediately.

As I arrived, the rental was still standing right where we left it yesterday, so I assumed Daniel was still here.

"Dan? Im back!" I called out as I threw my jacket and shoes into the entryway. I got no answer. "Daniel?" I asked again and yet again got no answer back. I left my bag by the kitchen table and started to fool through the flat for my guest.

After a short search I found him still in bed. Fast asleep. At 11:45.

"Oh my god. Seriously? Still in bed? I thought you would be up by now." I ranted as I opened the blinds.

"No please! Dont do that." He grumbled.

"Come on. Wakey wakey! Its time to go to the paddock and do exciting Things!" I pulled at his blanket. "Like eating food! Or drinking coffee!" we had a tug war with the blanket until he finally got up.

"I hate how you wake me up." He murmured wandering off to the bathroom.

Half an hour later we were ready and on our way to the car.

"Can you take my car and follow me to the rental service so I can return the Honda?" I asked.

"Sure. Which one's yours?" he asked walking towards the new Mini in the driveway.

"No thats the wrong one. Hilda is the blue Polo MK 1 over there." I explained throwing the keys in his direction.

"Girl you really need a new car. That thing is like antique! "

"Dont insult Hilda! Shes very moody so be nice to her!"

Daniel picked me up at the rental service and I started to direct him towards the circuit. About halfway the car broke down. "You shouldnt have insulted her earlier!" I scolded getting out of the car and looking under the hood. After not finding anything wrong with the car I closed the hood and gestured Daniel to restart the engine, but it didnt make a sound. I hit the car on the Mudguard twice in anger and suddenly the engine started, and we drove to the track.

"didnt think that would work" Daniel admitted as he parked.

"You didnt trust my expert mechanical abilities? That hurts!" I faked a mad look.

"No, I just thought we were stranded." He tried to save the situation.

"For real though I think with how many times I repaired her, took parts out and put new in I know her a little. But to be honest I dont usually take her to get around here."

"What do you use then? "

"Margret." I said as we entered the paddock.

Soon after we split up and I continued my way to the red bull motorhome. As my phone rang.

"Hi Lisa! Wie gehts?" (How are you?) I asked the girl on the other side of the line.

"Super ich wollte dich fragen, wo ich den Paddock Pass finde?" (Great, I just wanted to ask where I could find the paddock pass?)

"Du hast noch den Ersatzschlüssel von Hilda? (You still have the reserve key for Hilda?)

"Jup" she answered.

"Im Handschuhfach von Hilda. Da ist auch einer für Frankie. Wann wirst du ungefähr hier sein?" (In the glovebox of Hilda. Theres one for Frankie as well. When will you be here?)

"Ich weiß es noch nicht, aber ich schreibe dir, wenn ich genaueres weiß." (I dont know yet, but Ill text you if I know any details.)

"Du bist die beste. Bis dann!" (Youre the best. See you then!)