We laugh.

If I wasn't grateful for anything that I have, I would always be grateful for the relationship that I have with my father. Someone in the world is being treated horribly by their parents, the least I can do is be thankful for the one amazing parent that I have. My father could have be stone cold and heartless, disregarding my opinion and feelings as he chooses my life for me. He could have cursed me for being a woman instead of a man.

However, he did not.

Instead he trained me to be strong. Stronger than the guards who made me the woman I am to today. Instead of allowing me to be ignorant and idiotic, he educated me and taught me what kind of leader my people would need. Instead of making me his puppet, he gave me the freedom that everyone deserves so that I could make my own decision.

My father is a merciful, caring and honest man.

And for that, I am grateful.

Standing up, I brush off my dress, removing any fallen crumbs. "Excuse me, Father. I must get ready for horse riding. I will be on my way" I bow respectfully before living. My hands fold behind me as I walk, my shoulders rolled back and my head high. The posture that has be marked in my brain. Once I've arrived at my chambers, I am greeted by the sight of Tatia polishing my riding boots.

"Thank you, Tatia" My lips pull into a smile.

"You need not thank me, it is my duty as your hand maiden" She pants wiping small beads of sweat that gathers on her forehead, putting the boot next to the other polished foot. I walk to my folding screen, which is royal blue, decorated with white roses. The edges are lined with gold.

"Tatia, can you untie my ribbons, please?" I ask from behind the screen.

"Of course" She walks over to me and pulls out each ribbon. I hold the top of my dress so that it would not fall and expose my breasts. "Thank you." My lungs push out in joy, greedily taking in the oxygen that it has been deprived of. "Beauty is painful" I think as I feel the bruise on my back from the corset. She hums, leaving so that I can remove the dress.

There is a sudden knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Tatia asks. "I am just a maid." She responds. "Come in." My voice is clear and authoritative.

I hear the low creak of the door followed by the tapping of footsteps. "Princess?" Her soft voice asks. "I am behind the screen." I say. "Oh, my apologies. I had no intention of interrupting you." She apologises. "It's alright but do you have something to say?" I push the dress pass my hips but struggle to get pass the curves. I huff softly in frustration, my shoulders sagging slight as I look down at the dress hanging tightly on my hips.

"Yes. I have been given the order to bring you a bouquet of red and pink roses." She announces. "Oh? And from whom did I receive this gift?" I finally got the dress of and a sigh of relief passes my lips as I step out of the heels that tortured my feet for hours. Tatia puts my shirt over the folding screen for me to take it.

"The note says it's from 'Lancelot'."

Ah, so he was listening to me.

FLASHBACK

"Ok, now let's getting back to the questions." He laughs, his fingers running through my hair. "You seriously want to know what my favourite flowers are? Lancelot don't you think that is unnecessary?" My eyes follow the movement of his fingers combing through my dark brown hair. His brown eyes meet my azure ones and he says, "Of course. As your suitor, I must know all things in which you take interest in or fancy. Now please answer the question." He looks back down to watch his index finger twirl my hair around.