Chapter Seventeen : The Assassin's True Desires

Start from the beginning

"What we accomplished..." You and Gon muttered.

Satotz holds out the two license infront of the two of you. "(Y/N)-san, Gon-kun, you can both decide for yourselves when you're ready to use this card. I have faith on your judgements." Satotz said.

You and Gon got the hunter license from Satotz as both of you smiled. "Okay!" You and Gon said.

"A lot of people helped me reach this point. I'll use this once I've returned the favor." Gon said as he smiled at you.

Satotz holds out his hands again for Gon to shake. "Then, allow me to congratulate you."

Gon gladly shooked his hands. "Thank you, Satotz-san."

Then Gon slightly widen his eyes and turned serious. "How about the other applicants? The exam is still going right?" Gon asked.

"That's right! I didn't know what happened because I fell asleep! What's happening now, Satotz-san?" You asked as well.

Satotz stared at the both if you for awhile and spoke up. "No, the exam is already over."

You and Gon was suprised but didn't really show that much. "Really?" Gon asked.

Satotz nodded. "Yes, you and (Y/N)-san slept for an entire day." He said.

"Really..." You and Gon said.

"The other applicants who passed are currently completing an orientation. Both of you will undergo an orientation later." Satotz said.

Then, as if the two of you has the same mind, you both speak up. "Who failed?" You both asked at the same time.

Satotz paused for a moment. "It was..."

"Killua."

You and Gon slowly widen your eyes as you can't believe your ears to hear that your friend, no, best friend has failed the exam. However, it's unlikely for him to fail the exam considering how much skills he have. Besides, he even said it himself that the exam was easy.

"Why did Killua fail?" You and Gon asked at the same time.

"First, let me fill you both in on what transpired while the both of you were sleeping." Satotz started. "That will help you both understand what had occured."

You and Gon looked at each other and eventually nodded at Satotz to let him continue.

"After you were knocked out, (Y/N)-san has, of course followed you here due to her concerns, am I right?" Satotz asked, looking over at you.

You nodded at him and gestured him to continue. "But she ended up falling asleep. Back to the main topic, Gon-kun, you were able to win over your opponent, Hanzo said it himself." Satotz-said.

"After that, the third match had begun. Kurapika vs Hisoka." Satotz continued. "The two of them fought for awhile but when Hisoka whispered something on Kurapika's ear, Hisoka took the loss and Kurapika won the third match."

"What did Hisoka say?" Gon asked while you being curious as well.

"I don't know, but it leave Kurapika suprised." Satotz answered. "The fourth match was Hanzo against Pokkle."

"Just like you, Pokkle had find himself in same situation as you but admitted defeated almost immediatly and sealed the deal." Satotz said. "The fifth match was Bodoro against Hisoka. The match was extremely one-sided but Bodoro refused to give up."

"However, while Bodoro was lying on the floor, Hisoka whispered something in his ear and Bodoro surrendered." Satotz explained. "The sixth match featured Killua and Pokkle."