Chapter 15

Pops has called me into his office. I don't know about what, but he said he wants to talk to me about Alpha work. For some reason, I feel excited thinking this might be my first task as an Alpha. Even my birthday's in a month.

It still feels strange that two months have passed since I met Steve and we bonded. Being with him, everyday feels new to me. Stephan and Natalia have bonded over time, and are much stronger than us. But along with being an Alpha, there's another matter at hand.

Mating.

We haven't mated yet. I know it will sound weird to everyone as wolves tend to mate within a week after their meeting.

Under the conditions to take it slow, we have spent two months already. I know Steve won't preassurize me. But Natalia sure is getting eager by the day. It's their nature, I can't help it. Nor can they. I just wish I was as ready as her.

Let's focus on the current matter for now. Pops and his meeting.

I knock on his door. "May I come in?"

"Yeah, come in."

Hey pops." I greet him before taking a seat infront of him. "You wanted to see me?" I ask.

His Beta, Daniel, is also standing by his side like a loyal companion. I smile at him as well, and he nods in repsonse.

"Yeah, there's a matter at hand and I want you to handle it. Your way."

Exictement and joy bubbles inside of me. "Okay, what is it?"

"There's been a few rogues spotted around the area. We don't know what they want. They don't seem much harmful either. But our people are insecure and scared to go around during night. So I want you to execute them."

I sit there, stunned. What the fuck!

"But pops, they haven't done anything wrong! Why would we kill innocent wolves?"

He put two fingers under his chin in a thougtful manner. "What do you suggest then?"

"What if I watch over night along with our patrol team and if we spot any of them, I talk and try to reason. If anything goes south, I'll have my team. And I'm enough trained myself."

He thinks for a while then nods wisely, then quickly throws a snarky smile at Daniel before looking over at me.

"I'm proud of you, love." He says making me smile broadly. "I want you to start extra training for a couple days with the patrol team then you can execute your plan."

"Alright Alpha." I salute at him then quickly leave his office, bouncing on my way down.

~~~

Ivan Romanoff's POV

"Why didn't you tell her the real problem?" Daniel asks me after Alianova has left my office.

I sigh through my mouth before replying.

"She's not even 18 yet. I can't possibly throw her in the middle of a war between two packs!" I almost yell out in rage. How can he even think of putting my daughter in that kind of danger.

"But if she's gonna sit on the throne, she's gotta be prepared." He argues.

"She will when it's time. Let her handle the small tasks first."

"What if the rogues are part of their plan? She could get hurt not knowing."

This puts a bullet in my head and I stay silent for a moment. "I'll do what's best for her."

"Alright." With that Daniel also leaves my office, leaving me and my thoughts all alone.

The Red Crescent pack has been our good friends since forever. But all of a sudden they have been acting strange.

Their Alpha, Christoff, was a good friend of mine. I don't know what changed or happened, but they have declared open war with us. They want to merge the packs and be the leader. Hell I will let him snatch my pack away from me. My ancestors have built it and left it to me. I can never give up on our pack. Our people.

I just hope the rogues' matter isn't their part of tricks. It will mean I have put my daughter into the face of danger with my own hands.

~~~

Steve's POV

Nothing can feel this great. Literally.

I lay my head on my mate's lap while her delicate fingers comb through my hair as we sit on a park. The breeze low and cool, refreshing our mind and soul.

I breath in deeply.

"I've got news." Nat says after a few more seconds of peaceful silence. I look up to meet her eyes.

"What?"

"Pops have given me a task. To handle some rogues." This makes me sit up straight while my brows furrow deeply.

"Wait? Why now? You're not 18 yet. What if they're dangerous? What if you can't-"

"Relax, relax." She cups my face in her small hands, relaxing me immediately.

"It's just a little conversation that's gonna happen. No fighting. Just talking. Simple."

"Still Nat. I don't feel comfortable with you being with some rogues. Alone."

"Not alone. Our patrol team will be with me. And for your kind information, I'm trained. I've been training all my life. I need this, Steve. To step up and prove myself."

"But-"

"No buts. You've gotta trust me. Your trust means the most to me, please babe."

My face softens and I can't help but embrace her in my arms. I bury my fingers in her smooth, red hair and gently massage through her scalp, she hums against my neck, wrapping her arms around my torso.

"Please be careful."

" I will."

I pull away and gently hold the side of her neck, resting our foreheads together.

"I love you." She whispers, her soft, honey dripping breath hits my face making me inhale deeply. "So much." She adds, rubbing our noses in a soft gesture.

My eyes close, and thumb strokes over her sharp jawline as I move my head against hers, humming contently. Our bond hums in the tranquility we feel, basking us with the profoundity it's buzzing with.

I love our times like this. When we enjoy the silence, the silence speaking a thousand words for us, enough to describe the love we feel for each other. I cherish and memorize these moments.

"I love you too."  I reply right before pressing our lips together in a kiss.

She smiles at first then moves her lips against mine in a sync. As if our lips were always meant for the other, technically they were actually. My heart bursts in flames, feeling an overwhelming sense of love and endearment engulfing me, for this amazing woman. This absolute gorgeous woman who is mine. Only mine.

My hands travel down to her waist and I pull her closer to me, kissing her deeply, my passion powering over the logical explanation that we are out in public. When I try to sneak my tongue in her mouth, she gently and lovingly pulls me away, holding the back of my head.

"We're out in public, pup."

The nickname she just called me with makes me want to spread my wings and fly away higher in the sky.

Some would find it insulting that they were called pup when they are Alpha. But hearing this as a pet name from your mate, is a whole lot of something else.

I feel loved. I feel worshiped. My grin only widens and I lean forward to place a deep and long kiss on her lips then pull away fully.

I am complete.

~~~

A/N:-

It'll be a long time when I update the next part. Take care till then... Love you all!