𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

( major tw: physical abuse )

lou parts from your lips once more. "you're freezing," she observes. "no, i'm fine," you lie. you didn't want to leave this beach, you just wanted time to melt away with lou in your arms. lou raises an eyebrow at you. "you have a tell, sweetheart." you smize at her. "a tell?" you question, unimpressed. "mhm," lou smirks, taking your cold hand in hers. "c'mon, babe. let's go eat." you smile at the blonde before pecking her lips. lou lets a small smile grow on her face from this small act of affection. lou walks you down the pier, you hand securely in her own. 

lou takes you inside this small, cozy restaurant right near the residence. "this is so cozy," you smile at lou. "and the food here is even better," she winks at you. a wide smile appears on your face as the host leads you to a window seat table. you make yourself comfortable in the booth while looking out the window. the sun was already set and a black curtain fell over new york. the buildings bright lights shone onto the streets below. you smiled at the sight, nothing made you quite as happy as this landscape, well except one thing did. "i've always liked the city," lou said, pulling you from your trance. you looked away from the window back at lou. she was watching you with a smirk on her face. you turn red and glance back out the window. "me too, that's why i moved here." you look back at lou. she was smiling at you. "stop looking at me like that," you whine, covering your flushed face. "aw, do i make you nervous?" she whispers seductively. the blush on your face grows ten times stronger. you look at lou between your fingers. she had her gaze set on you. you slowly move your hands away from your face. "what did you call this place again?" you inquire as lou fiddles with the rings on your fingers. "i didn't," she responds cheekily at you. the waiter comes to the table. "good evening ladies, here are your menus, can i get you anything to drink?" you look up at the waiter, thinking of how the voice sounded familiar. the second you met eyes with him, you needed to leave. "excuse me," you mutter to lou, walking straight to the bathroom. 

(skip this part if you are triggered by abusive situations).
you push open the door to the bathroom. it couldn't be him, you were just being paranoid. you splash some cold water on your face. with your head still bent over the sink, you grab for a napkin. you gently pat the cold droplets on your face into the napkin. you look up from the sink and into the mirror. "oh my god-" you say staring at the man behind you. you spin around in terror. "i can't believe i've found you and how convenient i did too," he says moving closer to you. "stay away from me!" you shout. it was your ex-boyfriend. you make a move to the door but he pushing you against the counter. "now, listen closely (y/n), we're going to go home. don't make this harder than it has to be." you couldn't be stuck with him, never again. in a last attempt you try to squirm away from his grasp, only resulting in a strong slap to your face. he grabs your hair, pulling your face closer to his, "now what did i just say, babe?" he sneers. his teeth grind. you always knew he would never stop being abusive, no matter how hard he claimed to have tried. the only option was for you to run. you yank your head back and knee him in his crotch. he lets out pained yelps as you try the door, but it was locked. you run past his shriveled body, locking yourself in the bathroom stall. "you stupid whore!" he yells. you desperately bang on the walls, hoping that someone would hear your cries for help. the lock on the stall beings shaking, along with the entire door, attached by one faulty hinge. you knew that it wouldn't hold for long and you didn't want to be trapped inside the stall when that happened. you crawl into the stall next to you. "stop running!" he says popping the door off the hinge. a loud crash comes from that effort. the bathroom door begins shaking. someone heard you. "help me, please!" you cry. a hand wraps around your ankle, dragging you down. your face hits against the toilet paper holder. you could feel the warm blood trickling down your nose and mouth. "please, stop!" you scream, trashing your legs. but it was too late, he had already pulled you out of the stall and was on top of you. "when your parents told me you ran off to be with some lesbian," he sneers through his teeth, "i didn't believe them. but then i saw you here, with said lesbian." you struggle under his body, swinging your head back and forth, along with kicking and flailing your arms. you manage to smack his nose. dark crimson drops fall from his nose. "stupid bitch," he shouts, holding his nose. he swings his fists at you, hitting your face twice, before someone pries him off you. your vision is blurred from the blood in your eyes. you feel a pair of hands on you. in terror, you let out a scream. "stop! please!" you cry. your tears begin to wash away some of the blood. fingers help wipe away some of the remaining blood from your eyes.

you see lou kneeling next to you. "lou," you exhale. you've never been so happy to see the blonde in your entire life. lou helps pull you up, so now you're propped up. you look into lou's glossy eyes. in the background you see two police officers restraining your ex. "don't worry babe, one day i'll get you," he says as he is escorted out of the bathroom. your bottom lip begins to quiver as you throw your arms around lou. through muffled sobs you begin to apologize. lou's touch is gentle compared to the one of your abuser. "(y/n)," she softly says. you pull your face off her leather jacket. lou stares at your face. your lip was busted, dried blood was under your nose, a large gash was on your forehead, and you had a black eye. blood was all over your clothes, and now, lou's jacket. her sadness turns into anger. "i'm going to kill him," she says. she couldn't bear to see you like this. she had this sense of guilt. you knew that feeling all too well. "lou this isn't your fault," you whisper to her. "how is it not, (y/n)," lou exclaims quietly, being careful not to scare you. "i didn't tell you anything, i thought i was seeing things. you couldn't have known," you say, wiping the tears off lou's cheek. "but i should've known," she says, her eyes trailing down your face. lou's phone buzzes and she immediately checks it. "i called tammy, she's here to take us back," lou gently says. you nod your head. "i'm going to help you up, okay?" you take a deep breath and nod in response. "here we go," lou whispers helping you to your feet. you wrap your hands around lou's arms for support. when you look up you could see yourself in the mirror. tears spring to your eyes, not because of the pain from standing, but because of the scene in front of you. blood was trailing down your face and on your shirt. you look down at the floor, a pool of blood at your feet. your breathing hitches as lou guides you through the bathroom door.