Family friend

Aaron's P.o.V
I was so confused, all my life I've been told that my parents had abandoned me. Then out of the blue this woman told me that she knew them and they died.
"By the time I found out, they had you put in foster care," as she explained this tears began to gather in her eyes. "We went to school together. They helped me out a lot of times."
I just stared at her not know what to say. I don't remember them.
"What happened?" I finally asked.
"They were coming home late on New year's day from a charity event. When a drunk driver slammed into them." Her voice had started to crack and tears finally slid down her cheeks, taking her massacre with it. "I'll tell you more about them later. For now let's get you settled in, ok."
I simply nodded my head as I let the information settle in. My parents didn't give me up. I was happy to know that. Maybe they really did love me.
" Ok here is your room." She said. Then it hit me I didn't know her name.
" What's your name?" I embarrassing blurted out.
" Oh I thought I told you." She stated puzzled. I shook my head as she looked at me. "I must have forgotten in all the excitement. My name is Melissa."
"Thank you." Was all I could say.
"It's no problem I'm just happy to have you here. Oh we have a busy day tomorrow, so gets some rest. Good night and sweet dreams." She told me as she closed the door.
I looked around the room; the walls were a dark blue, glow in the dark stars were plastered to the ceiling, the furniture was white. There was a desk with a laptop, a full sized bed with black sheets and a fluffy white comforter. I walked over to the closest and opened to find it empty. I look into the dresser to find it empty too. I started to unpack and change into my pajamas. After I tugged on my shirt I venture out into the hall with my toothpaste and toothbrush in hand to find the bathroom. It was close so I didn't have to wander much. After I was done I headed back to my new room. My room, it was weird to say it was mine alone. After years of sharing with different kids it was hard to believe that this room was only mine. Melissa didn't seem to bad, just a little overly excited. She knew my parents, I was happy to know I could finally get to know more about them. I got into bed and as soon as my head hit the pillows, which were so soft it was like a cloud, I fell asleep.
-----------------------------------------------------------------Sorry for the late update but I had testing last week, which I feel I bombed T-T . But here it is. Thank you for following me and reading my story.