an apology

I had so many ideas for this story. Its planning doc is 10 pages long. And I remember being really excited for its story, its ideas. But I stopped updating weekly sometime in 2021, after almost 8 months of updating some sort of work daily, because, duh. That's how you get burnout.

So now I am writing again, almost daily, on another long path that will probably also lead to burnout, and I wanted to try writing this story again.

But, dudes. My writing style is, I'd like to think, SO different now. It's like whiplash. And it kinda sucked. And now still only sort of does.

But I also am rereading my fucking ten paged planning doc and realizing that although I wrote a lot, I did not write enough. I had a lot of ideas for this story. I don't remember half of them.

I sat down sometime in January, prompted by a commenter informing me it'd been ten months since my last update. I tried to write Harry's first chapter home and realized that I didn't even know the basics of it. Had Petunia moved away? Or did that happen the next year? Harry suffers some sort of physical trauma over this summer -- what by? Was it by Petunia? Or had Petunia moved away? If so, who hurt him?

So I tried to write it and tried my best and failed. That's all there is to it.

I keep telling myself and my commenters that this story is not abandoned. I am lying. And it's time to stop.

So to everyone excited for the future of this story: I am sorry.

That being said, I do still write. If you like me or my writing, check out my AO3, ivysaturn. I have two stories that I update weekly, with 100k words total published. I also write Harry x Death one shots on Wattpad qhenever an idea hits me. This story is dead but my writing is not.

If any of you are interested in picking up this story, dm me. If any of you just want to know what my planning doc said, comment, and I'll tell you. If you have any questions for me or about this story or any others, comment. I will try my best to answer them.

Again, I am sorry.