Not A Soul But Two

Start from the beginning

"How did you get up there?"

"I found a ladder."

"You were up on a ladder?"

"Yes..." she said in a funny manner. "Björn, the stars are so beautiful and they looked bigger every step I took, and suddenly I found myself at the balcony. The door is unlocked there, you know." He'd almost forgotten she'd consumed the brownie. He released a breath thankfully, and was upset he let the most important thing to him out of his sight.

"Genius, baby, but don't you do it again."

"I was fine!"

"Didn't say you weren't or wouldn't be. Just a precaution. Don't do it again."

He whistled for Peppa follow but the dog already claimed the home like it was his. Björn felt Agnetha pull him in to take his first step in the house. She put her hands around his neck almost immediately and he gave her his attention seeing her smirk.

"Okay," she subsided, forgetting everything and focusing on new thoughts. "Is what you say a warning or an arrest, officer?" He smiled at her playfulness as he thought up his answer.

"A warning. But you know what the arrest would be for?" She shook her head. "You're breaking and entering."

"Ah. You know something? You are taking part in my crime. So you can't even arrest me."

"You are the one who will turn yourself in." He tightened his grip around her waist and pressed her to him closely.

"Do you think so?"

"I know so." She tilted her head and after some hesitation she responded.

"Well, you are right," she truthfully answered in agreement. "I would turn myself in but just so that you may arrest me."

Björn rolled his eyes gently. He didn't stand to be further away from her. He'd left a kiss to her head and it was comforting and fulfilling the moment his lips were felt over hers. They didn't know the space, the lights were off, and the moon illuminated the house, where they discovered a humble interior that would hold them safely for the night.

What woke them the next morning was thankfully not the owner of the little house. It was not Peppa either, for he was far lazier than the two combined. The sunshine breaking in was honestly what did it, for the rays caused warmth against their well rested bodies. Naturally, the first one awake was the man who'd spent the previous day napping for several hours. He'd almost forgotten where they were, and he really could not believe their luck being the only two on an island and in a randomly vacant estate.

Typically, every morning he'd look at her and is grateful to find the woman of his life asleep peacefully, but this time it was different kind of joy. He was rather taken away by what he'd witnessed. There were expressions she made even in her sleep, and if he hadn't known her, he'd think she was already awake. But she was not just sleeping, the woman was clearly dreaming. She had to be, he concluded.

Agnetha was completely entangled with him. Her legs between his, his arm around the curvature of her body, and she was just where she had dreamt to wake up every single day for the past fifty years. Her words broke silence on that beautiful morning when she felt his lips bow towards her ear to speak.

"Please don't tell me to wake up," she said before he had a chance for anything.

"Okay. Don't wake up." She had a sleepy smile when she softly stroked his chest and moved back to look up at him. Her blue eyes glistened tiredly, but they'd always be a sparkle to see him. He looked younger that morning. Must've been up for a while.