Chapter 4: Sweet Persuasion

Start from the beginning

Y/N: "Hence the spy you set on me."

Ayaka: "Indeed. But unfortunately, it seemed that you never brought that point of discussion up again."

Y/N: "... Or Sayu just slept through it."

Sayu: *yawn* "... ehe!"

Ayaka: "Now that we're on the subject... could you further expand upon this for us? Did you really defeat a God before being washed ashore on Inazuman sand?"

Y/N: ". . . I'm going to need to know more about you and your intentions with me before I indulge any more information on myself."

Ayaka: "I... I see... Would you be willing to entertain a longer explanation? There is quite a lot to say on the matter."

Y/N: "... Sure."

Ayaka: "At present in Inazuma, in the name of this new Vision Hunt Decree, the people's aspirations are being senselessly trampled underfoot. Though the Yashiro Commission serves the Shogun, it is the people with whom we share close bonds, given the contact we are required to have with them in the performance of our duties."

... Yashiro Commission? But I thought she said her name was Kamisato...?

Ayaka: "A Commission's power rises and falls with the trust of their people. Thus, we cannot remain indifferent to this situation without also remaining indifferent to our own fate. Please. lend us your power, and we can—"

Y/N: "You wish for me to start a rebellion? I have no interest in fighting for another's will. Never again."

Ayaka: "Oh..."

Y/N: "My only possessions are on my person, I have no ties in the other nations anymore... in any of the nations actually. So I can just get up and wander... wander until..."

Ayaka: "You seem troubled."

Y/N: "It seems I was given an opportunity to fulfil a wish of mine. A wish that, now that I reside on Inazuman soil, I might just be able to see through... So, I'm sorry. But no, no I will not allow you to use me as some pawn in your battle with the... wait, the Electro Archon?!"

Tohma: "A wish...?"

Yoimiya: "Oh right! I remember you mentioned that! That you wanted to find your way home, right?"

Y/N: "Right. If I'm correct, it lies somewhere within this nation... I have a lot of questions, and finding where I used to call home may provide me with answers."

Ayaka: "I see... And what if we were to assist you in finding this home? Inazuma is a large nation with many islands separated by vast seas... and you are technically an illegal citizen, so you would not be able to just board any seafaring vessel that travels between the islands... our Shuumatsuban may also be able to help narrow down the list of potential places."

Y/N: "So... let me get this straight. You want me to defeat the Electro Archon and their forces for you, and in return you'll... have some sleepy ninjas walk around and ask people if they're my parents?"

Yoimiya: "Pffft! Teehee! Y/N!!"

Ayaka: "I must say, you seem to be severely underestimating the abilities of the Shuumatsuban. Regardless, we wouldn't ask you to do this alone. Yoimiya can attest to this, she is also aiding in these efforts after all."

Yoimiya: "Yeah, all our spare rooms are going to be used to house hiding Vision-wielders, and we've made contact with someone who can make fake Visions. So the Shogunate can take these fake Visions and not take away the real ones!"

Y/N: "I see... And, Ayaka, what would you have me do if I were to accept your offer?"

Ayaka: "Our nation's people... they are being senselessly stripped of their ambitions. There is a force outside of the city that are doing their best to fight these decrees... but the people who remain within the city have little to defend them from losing all that they are. And due to my position, me and my own would be unable to help for long before we were ostracised and what help we can give currently would be impossible to continue."