𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐭. 𝟐 andrew!peter x avenger!reader

Top ???

Bottom ???

Summary:  when it's time to say goodbye, you're reluctant. might seem angsty but I swear it has a happy ending!

Author: scandalous-chaos (on tumblr) 

no way home spoilers ahead!

Andrew Garfield 

________________________

"You can't do this to him," you said the moment the youngest Peter was out of earshot.

"It's the only way," Stephen replied, concentrating on healing the huge cuts in the sky. He had to do the incantations soon, but giving Peter enough time to say goodbye to Ned and MJ was the least he could do.

Least, but not enough. Not according to you.

"He just lost his aunt," you pressed on. "You can't make him lose his bestfriend and girlfriend too!"

"He'll work it out."

"You don't know that!" You snapped, making him meet your eyes with a slight frown.

"I know that's not the only reason you're against this," he said, his words a blur between exhaustion and concentration. "You can't keep the other Peter here anyway. It wouldn't have worked out between you."

You looked to your left where your Peter was tending to the wounds of the oldest one. You hated how Stephen was right, but it didn't make it any easier.

"It would have," you objected. "I know so. I saw so. I looked into the future and—"

"You did what?" Stephen glanced down at the time stone, as if making sure it was still there. Then he stared back at you. "You can't look into the future, what are you talking about?"

"I can, and I do occasionally. I'm not apologizing for not telling you."

"But that'd make you one of the most—"

"Powerful witches in existence," you sighed. "So I've been told."

His face was devoid of expressions. "I was going to use the word dangerous."

"Says the one who broke the multiverse in the first place! That's not the point, if I saw the future with Peter, doesn't that mean there's another way we can patch up the universe? One where we all get what we want?"

"Hypothetically, if you saw the future, you only saw one of the possibilities of what could have happened," Strange said in that teacher-lecture voice of his.

"Future never lied to me before," you said defensively, watching all three Peters along with Ned and MJ walk towards you to see what the shouting was about.

"Are we too late?" the oldest Peter asked, his voice a bit strained because of the stab wound.

Your Peter seemed exhausted too. It occurred to you that keeping him here, away from his own earth, wasn't right for either of you. He shouldn't have to leave everything behind.

The youngest Peter was another case. It wasn't right for him to lose his girlfriend after everything he's been through. Things may not work out for you, but your friend deserved better.

"We were just having a chat on how Y/N could have more powers than me," Stephen said quickly, "I'm sorry, but we have to do the rest now. Peter, you ready?"

The youngest one nodded, his fingers interlaced with MJ's. She was squeezing his hand, not letting him go. She couldn't. She was staying strong but you could feel the storm of sadness inside. It hurt you to see her that way.