Special: In Another Time 2/6

Start from the beginning

"Yes. Yeah, of course," he nodded, "have a good rest."

I nodded and hesitantly backed away.

I turned and walked out of the hospital, a frown stuck to my face the whole journey home.

Other than the burning judging looks I was getting from everyone around me, I couldn't help but focus on what made Rein feel he had to turn to that action.

"Humans are trash," I grumbled as I stepped off the bus and walked the rest of the distance to my apartment building.

Once I got there, I quickly moved up to my apartment and headed in.

I showered, changed my clothes and then found myself just sat in my living room, staring at the wall.

"I'm starting to hate our band, Rein," I muttered, "you wouldn't be going through this if we didn't form this stupid band in the first place-- Damn it. I need to tell the others."

Grabbing my phone, I quickly called Zen, Nanan and Chika and told them to meet at my apartment.

They, although annoyed, came quickly.

"What's this about?" Chika asked, yawning as he dropped down on one of the arm chairs, curling up on it, "I'm tired."

You and me both, mate.

"And I was in the middle of a shift," Zen shot me a slight glare.

I know he doesn't like his side job being interrupted because one mistake could cost him the job and he actually enjoys it so he doesn't want to lose it.

Not yet at least.

"I was just chilling," Nanan shrugged, "so this is a fun turn of my evening."

Dude has too much energy even at this time of night.

"It's about Rein," I told them, they all paused and stared at me.

"Where is Rein by the way..?" Zen asked, clearly getting a bit worried.

"Hospital," I replied simply, "he almost died tonight."

"What?!" they all exclaimed.

"How?!" Chika asked.

"He self harmed," I replied, "there's something we didn't tell you... Remember those hate messages and stuff that we've been deflecting?"

They nodded.

"Well... They haven't been deflected well from Rein," I replied, "he's been struggling. A lot. And I guess it just got too much tonight and--"

I stopped, they knew what happened without me needing to say it.

They looked horrified.

"I didn't even notice," Chika uncurled himself and straightened up, "he actually all happy go lucky like he always does. I didn't notice at all."

"He... Did he not trust us? Is that why he didn't tell us?" Nanan asked, clearly hurt that Rein hadn't come forward and told them about the hate.

"It's not that, Nanan," I assured him, "Rein, as a person, is naturally a big thinker when it comes to other people. To be more specific, he hates the feeling of perhaps being a burden on them. That's why you didn't know."

"What about you then?" Zen asked, "aren't you the one person that he'd feel he'd be the most burden on?"

"Yes," I nodded, "the only reason I know... Well, its because I found out. He didn't tell me. I had to find out through a breakdown earlier into it. It was right before we did that whole no phone, no social media month thing."

"It makes more sense now," Zen hummed, "he had the month ban so that Cloudia and the media team could try figure out a way to block out the hate directed onto Rein."

I nodded.

"It was also to give Rein a break too," I leaned back in my seat and sighed, "he was struggling. I knew he was.. But I didn't say anything."

I glanced over the three of them and sighed.

"Now he's in the hospital," I continued, "I... Me of all people could've helped him. If only I wasn't so stubborn about using my families background. My families name alone would've been enough to help him. But I did nothing. I just sat and let this happen."

"It's not your fault," Chika stated, "none of us could've known this could happen. More importantly, though, how is he now?"

"Unconscious but living," I answered, "and I plan to keep him that way. I'm going to cash in a favour with a bunch of people who owe me a shit ton."

"You going to figure out a way to block out Rein's haters?" Nanan asked, I nodded, "then you should allow me to help. My family... The gang side works well with the Internet."

"We have ties with all Detective and police agencies, private and public, across Japan, China, Korea and a lot of European counties," Zen pulled slightly at his gloves before sliding them off revealing his families zodiac gang symbol on the back of his slightly scarred hands, "We'll work on the public."

"Then I guess that leaves our intelligence control," Chika leaned forward, "honestly... Those haters don't even know what they've gotten themselves into. I think it's time we show our ace in the hole."

Aka, our identities as children of the biggest gang leaders of Japan.

"I won't let them away with this," I stood up, "and I certainly can't face Rein until its been solved."

"Looks like we're all on the same page then," Zen stated as he pulled out his phone, "we have a lot of work to do. Let's get to it. We have a concert next week in Kyoto. I plan on showing up. So let's do this quickly and cleanly."

"Unfortunately, our reputations are still important," Chika grumbled, "we can't let them get dirty or Rein will find out."

I unlocked my phone and began dialling my mother's number.

"Stop talking. We don't have all week," I told them as the line stopped ringing and I heard slight breathing on the other end, "Boss."

Now she knows it's not family related but rather gang related.

"We have a shit ton of punks to tack down and teach a lesson," I told her, "I think it's time we reunited the twelve zodiacs."

"Oh boy, this is going to be fun~"