A Maiden in More Ways Than One

(Viewer Discretion Advised - Sexual Content)

Being the unofficial ruler of a dysfunctional and chaotic land was... difficult to say the least.

The complete destruction of the Elden Ring at the hands of Y/N and Melina had properly ensured that the Greater Will no longer had the influence and control that it once had, no more would the Lands Between bend to the will of an Outer God obsessed with order. And while the vassal of said being may have been needed to officially crown the new Elden Lord, the power displayed by the two that bested it was more than enough to bring about a new system of leadership, one that would mark the end of an era of gods and usher in an era of mortals.

And while the opinion on this abrupt change would be divisive, the people of the Lands Between would most likely take anything over the Post-Shattering nation Y/N had suddenly found himself in long ago.

Limgrave and the Weeping Peninsula were by far the two best areas he had in terms of reputation, other than the Royal Capital and the Atlus Plateau region it resided within. The establishment of Limgrave's new ruler, Nepheli Loux, with the help and influence of Kenneth Haight had at least ensured no more hostility could occur, the region would prosper far better than it would have under Godrick and the results can aleady be seen. The old Church of Marika and the Gatefront Ruins were somewhat repaired compared to what they were before, and no more would the soldiers attack on sight like mindless husks. Stormveil and its castle was by far more friendly and... clean... than what it once was. Mistwood was the next to be focused on. Castle Mourne had been redone too, though the problem of its inhabitants and leadership remained an issue.

Caelid was... well, Caelid. The scarlet rot that infested and mutated its lands thanks to Malenia was not just going to go away any time soon, if not at all. The Swamp of Aeonia proved hazardous to traverse as usual, much like the region itself, so for now it was left alone until a solution was found. This would apply to the Mountaintops of the Giants and the Forbidden Lands too, simply due to how unreliable it would be to establish any settlement within the desolate landscapes, although the idea of using the Haligtree as a settlement, provided its scarlet rot was controlled or mitigated, wasn't off the table.

The death of Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy saw the disbandment of the Volcano Manor and its faction. One less problem to deal and since it was so close to Leyndell things would eventually be cleaned up and improved, albeit to the benefit of the current inhabitants too. Everyone was to be treated equally in the Age of Reformation.

All in all, Y/N made sure things would be better than they ever had been before. No more demigod influence, no more deities deciding how things went. Yet despite the coronation and the marriage being some time away, Melina held just as much power and influence over matters as Y/N did, not unlike the previous rulers. An equal, joint leadership from both a king and queen.

So where were they now? In a time where leadership was needed more than ever in the Lands Between, surely the former Tarnished and Kindling Maiden had many things to attend to. The slow rebuilding of the Royal Capital from its ashen remains thanks to their efforts at burning the Erdtree was of most importance...

Yet the thrones were all but empty. Not a single trace of them were to be seen.

Deep in the woods of Mistwood, where the full moon was out and prominent with an abundance of shining stars around it, one would have their answer. A small plume of smoke drifted into the air through the gaps in the trees around him, lighting up the area a faint orange and giving Y/N a sense of calm and security amidst the darkened forest whilst he sat by a small fire he had lit. The smouldering, crackling flames it produced seemed to alleviate him of something, same for the rustling trees and bushes around him from the light gust of wind and wildlife that, thankfully, paid him no mind. Nothing but him, the flames, and his thoughts.