Thy Greatest Test

"The fallen leaves tell a story."

One would often wonder what the negatives towards constant rebirth may be. After all, once you are dead, you can freely return to the living without a bother whilst those around you are subject to death everlasting. What more could one ask for in the face of such powerful adversaries and a world whose residents would like nothing more than to see you dead? The Demi-Gods achieved it, they achieved their purpose and goals, to some extent, so why not someone else?

Chosen once again by the Light of Grace, of which had abandoned many over the years and labelled the exiled as Tarnished... One could learn. Over and over and over again, be it against a group of tricky, yet weak foes, or in the face of demigods themselves. With each death, came new knowledge. All stemming from the point of bestowment where all Tarnished rejoined the Lands Between again, to be given a second chance via the numerous graces found throughout. However, amongst all the Tarnished that would return, only one would be granted this power of perpetual reincarnation.

Weak, alone, but most importantly... Maidenless.

(Essentially, you get no bitches lmao)

No matter the physical damage, whether it be a simple stab wound or being completely pulverised by an Azur Comet fired off by the demigod of Raya Lucaria Academy, this Tarnished would always come back. All that was required was a Site of Grace or a Stake of Marika, and from dust and ashes will they be reborn to fight again.

Everything about it would be amazing to an outsider's view, to simply live without fear of death and learn. It was perfect... right?

The rain almost felt never-ending within the Lakes of Liurnia, constantly pouring down on the nearby swamps that seemed to litter the region. Only by chance would it let up. On a bank overlooking the area filled with monsters and other foes that wouldn't pass up the chance for some... lonesome food... a lone Tarnished sat facing the signature glowing Grace before them, wearing what looked like Carian armour but without the helmet as the bright yellow light reflected off their armour.

A man to be exact, probably around his mid-twenties as his black hair that was tied up in a small ponytail dripped continuously from the ongoing downpour, but he paid no mind to it. His left eye was yellow with a long scar running down it, whilst his right eye was red with black sclera instead of white. It was the only scar he had, as all the others would simply be healed by the rebirth process.

A solemn look dawned his face once he gazed up to see the silhouette of the distant Raya Lucaria Academy in the distance, once filled with undead and deadly sorcerers that he fought through to come face to face with the Queen of the Full Moon herself, Rennala. A tough battle looking back on it, the nearest Site of Grace constantly put him at odds with the sorcerers every time he resurrected, and each and every spell Renalla threw at him made sure to eviscerate his entire being.