𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦

♡━━━♡━━━♡

"Domain expansion: Reversed Illusions"

Focusing as much cursed energy as you could, you expanded your domain. Now it was you and the creature who put you here fighting for the upper hand.

Your other two friends who were trying to exorcise the creature from the 'outside' noticed it's sudden change in actions. It became weaker and was open to any attacks that may come it's way.

"What the fuck is going on with it?"

"Doesn't matter. We have a better chance of finishing off now."

Meanwhile, on the 'inside' you were having a silent battle with this monstrosity of a thing. You were struggling, sure, but definitely not as much as the cursed spirit.

You could feel yourself overpowering it bit by bit as your domain expanded.

Alas you did it! You managed to expand your domain even if it wasn't fully formed yet, it didn't matter. You were stronger than it. You managed to free yourself and Toge as well from the grasps of it.

♡━━━♡━━━♡

The next few things you remembered were in gaps, the memories being short and blurry. First, it seemed like you were laying on the cold concrete floor of the factory, having just woken up from the fatique of expanding your domain. You felt lightheaded and incredibly drained. You could barely hear anything properly; the ringing in your ears; the worried shouts of your friends; the massive headache overcoming you; the pain that spread throughout your entire body. It was all too overwhelming.

The second thing you recalled was Toge crouching next to you with multiple gaping wounds yet he seemed more concerned about you than himself. He looked like he was trying to help you up. He was trying to help you. He was trying.

The final few things you saw were flashing images of you being carried; the feeling of being driven somewhere; the calming voice that most likely belonged to Ieri-san, the nurse.

All of these thigs led up to now;

you waking up.

The beaming light of the sun peaking through the blinds is what initially woke you up. Otherwise you would've been sleeping for a much longer time.

As you sat up you decided to take a glance at the room you were resting in.

The greyish walls and the dark tiled floors made for a gloomy atmosphere compared to what you were used to. Though a few things did brighten up your mood and took your mind off the pain and exhaustion you still felt, like the little notes left on the table; a balloon in the form of a panda and...flowers?

'Who could've bought me flowers?' You thought to yourself, pondering the question while a gentle smile made a way to your lips.

While you were reading the notes you almost broke out into tears from the sweetness of your friends. Even if you met them only a few days ago you were still welcomed with open arms and they cared for you as if they knew you for a long time.

This was the moment that you knew you would cherish these three for as long as you would know them.

From the corner of your eye you noticed that the door was slightly opened. Though it was only but a small crack you could still see the soft eyes peering through the gap.

"Stop acting like a creep and just come in Toge" You teased now fully facing the door as an embarrassed Inumaki walked in, caught red handed.

The violet eyed boy had a soft blush coating his cheeks as he averted his gaze from you, now sitting on the edge of your bed.

"Aw, don't be like that! It's okay, I was only teasing you" You tried comforting him, but just ended up laughing.

"Mmm okaka!" Toge replied still flustered.

The both of you started laughing, looking at each other with smiles that reached the tips of your ears.

♡━━━♡━━━♡

The both of you spent time chatting about anything and everything; from different fails Inumaki had on his missions to the movie you cried most to.

You felt appreciated.

You liked that someone cared about those random little things about you and that you cared about that someone's random little things about them.

It was nice; having someone to talk to.

After your years of built up loneliness and the fear of harming someone, you finally felt safe, safe enough to not care about what you've done. To just forget everything and enjoy the small moment you and Toge shared.

Eventually Shoko came into the room to check up on you. The nurse commented about the state of your injuries and you were pretty much healed up.

"You might feel slightly dizzy here and then because of the blood loss, but other than that you should be okay. If anything happens or you feel unwell you know where to find me."

Toge offered to take you back to your dorm room as he said he couldn't just leave you to walk by yourself. You wouldn't have put up a fight anyways, so the both of you started the walk towards the dormitory.

As you approached your dorm you still wanted to spend more time with Inumaki. Secretly hoping that he feels the same you asked if the boy wanted to stay over for a bit and watch a few movies. Of course he couldn't say no to you, so here you both were, sitting on your floor, backs against your bed, trying to figure out what to watch.

"What do you want to watch?" You turned your attention to the light haired teen sitting next to you.

He took his phone out of his pocket and started typing.

𝗐𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝗐𝖺𝗍𝖼𝗁 𝖺 𝗀𝗁𝗂𝖻𝗅𝗂 𝗆𝗈𝗏𝗂𝖾|

After reading the message you smiled a little.

'That's so cute'

"Of course! Which do you want to watch more spirited away or howls moving castle?" You asked. Even though you had already watched both of these movies a million times over they were your favourites and you still liked rewatching them.

𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗐𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗍𝖼𝗁 𝗌𝗉𝗂𝗋𝗂𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝖺𝗐𝖺𝗒? 𝗂 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗆𝗈𝗏𝗂𝖾:]|

And so you and Inumaki spent your evenings watching Spirited away while eating various snacks you had found around your room.

♡━━━♡━━━♡

6