• 𝐂hapter 56

Start from the beginning

"Well," Brad asked impatiently, waiting for my response.

"I don't know, I don't know, maybe domestic violence."

His eyes widened and he took a step away from me like I had spat on his face. "You what?!" He exploded. "What the fuck is wrong with you Killian!"

I forked my hair and whooshed out a breath. "I'm screwed, I know."

"Of course you are!" He snapped, waving his hands in the air like it was obvious. "Since when the fuck did you become a sadist. God, you're a fool, she's fucking pregnant!" He spat.

I accepted, I was a fool.

"I felt so much pain, Brad. I thought I was in control but I wasn't."

He exhaled and rubbed a hand over his face as he shook his head. "I'm so pissed at you right now," he breathed, pacing around. "You need to fix this. Where is she now?"

"I tracked her phone, she's in her mum's place."

"Okay, we need to go there right now."

I nodded. "I'll get my car."

"No, I'll drive. You're in no state to do so. Get in."

Throughout the drive, Brad explained the legal actions needed to me but I couldn't give two shits about anything that left his mouth. I just wanted to see Hope and tell her how I felt so she'd come back to me.

By the time we pulled up at her house, I didn't wait for Brad. "Stay in the car!" I yelled and sprinted towards the house. My heart squeezed with anticipation as I knocked on the red door. When no one answered, I knocked again, and again, and again and it wasn't until I was prepared to yank the damned door off its hinges that it opened and I found myself staring at Hope's mother.

Shit. My heart was thundering against my chest. "Mrs. Sterling. I-" I didn't see the slap coming, but I felt it. Her hand landed against the side of my face with enough force to turn my head and make me stagger back a step.

"You have the gall coming here to my home after all you've made my daughter pass through." She spat, her tone dripping ice.

I held my aching cheek. I deserved it.

"Mrs. Sterling, I'm sorry for what I did to your daughter and I deserve everything you do to me but please, let me speak-"

"Say what you want here and leave because my daughter doesn't want to see you." She cut in a steely voice, standing up to me despite the gigantic gap in vitality.

"I promise you, I can explain, just let me -"

"You should leave, my daughter was good to you and you broke her heart. What do you have to say?"

I flinched. "Please I just need-"

"What's all the commotion about. Hope is finally trying to get some sleep after crying all ni-" Scott's eyes hardened when he reached the door and saw me. "What the fuck are you doing here?" He glowered, tucking his mother behind him.

"Honey, please handle this and get this man to leave." She said and walked away.

"Look, Scott." I sighed, hating the fact that I had to get through him. "I just want to speak with Hope."

"She doesn't want to see you. Get the fuck out of here."

"Last time I checked, I don't answer to you, just let me see her."

"You know, you have some nerves coming here after hurting my sister's feelings."

Feelings?

She didn't tell them.