Chapter Four

Days passed and nothing out of the blue happened

Days passed and nothing out of the blue happened. There wasn't any occassion for me to attend, nor was there any event I should be wary of. To be honest, I liked how peaceful the days have gone by.

However, it also painfully scares me. Time is on a track, and there is no way of telling whether things will end up the same or something will change.

I am currently waiting for a certain event to happen later, so I just continued writing down what I plan to do when the time comes for our family to get accused. If I am not able to save our grace from the accusation, I must plan an escape for my family to survive.

Should we leave the Empire? But if so, where do we head to?

Emperor Rowell may not be swayed by the aristocrats and nobles at the moment, but I have experienced the future of contempt. If I merely sit idly by, there might be clues that will slip from my grasp.

The Solielle Empire was never fit for someone like him as its Emperor. Not only is he ambitious, he's dumb and paranoid too.

No wonder he's easily used as a puppet to get rid of our family, whom he thinks is a threat to his imperial life. He's not all that by the way. We never intended any harm to someone like him.

But the question is, who is the real culprit behind all these schemes? I thought of this before, but even up until now, I'm still left to be clueless.

I had no idea where it started. All I ever knew of was the false accusation bestowed upon us. Was there other instances I didn't know of that sparked the conflict?

I was too invested with us being accused of treason that I forgot about other variables that can connect to this bigger picture. A scheme leads to other schemes, afterall.

"Valeria Empire is the nearest to our Empire." I mumbled to myself as I stared at the historical map I managed to find in a library. Since we had equal opportunities to learn, I am able to study with my brothers in a library that our parents built for us.

Observing the map, I had to check other continents. We won't be safe in an Empire just near the Solielle Empire. Besides, there's no way for me to tell if they'll accept us.

I may not know about Valeria, but the books about them gave me an idea of how they deny hospitality to Empires they look down on.

Our Empire is a laughing stock of all. A glorious empire met with a huge downfall, all because the reigning Emperor was never fit to be one. It should be obvious what the result will be.

"If not Valeria, then where else?" I bit my lower lip, feeling anxious. Am I getting ahead of myself? Even if I find a suitable continent for us to escape to, I can't possibly get a ship ready for us.

Not only will it raise suspicion, but my family are loyal to the Empire. Unless I give them a proper reason for us to go, then it will prove useless for me to urge them. A vacation won't even work, not when they're workaholic to boot.