Fifty one

I was raging in anger the moment we got home. I kept on calming myself down but tears just unconsciously flow from my swelling eyes.

I hated that I heard it from someone else and not from Mark. I hated that he didn't tell me this if ever that was really true. I hated that as his husband, I was the last one to know about it. I feel so unfair.

I recalled his actions last night and only then I realized why. He already knew about it but he didn't tell me. It hurts me that he didn't trust me enough to tell me about it.

"Papa, I think daddy's home." Sarang pants out after running.

I wipe my tears away and sniffle before looking at her way. "Where are your brothers? Are you full already?"

"Yes, papa. We already ate a lot." She answers. "I'll take care of my brothers."

"N-No." I huff. "I'll take care of all of you, hmm? Let's go upstairs, take a quick shower, brush our teeth and sleep—"

"What about daddy?"

I chap my lips. "Sarang, don't worry. I-I'm not mad at daddy."

"You're lying."

"No—"

"Love?"

"Here's daddy…" She ran away from me towards her daddy.

I pick up the dirty dishes and throw it to the sink before making my way upstairs and I'm pretty sure Mark has already seen me.

"Love?" His footsteps followed me. "H-Hey… I just came home."

"Oh yeah…" I sarcastically said. "Welcome home."

"What's wrong with papa today?" Mark whispers to Sarang but he knew it was audible for me.

"Uh… Daddy, I think I need to sleep."

"It's just 8:00?" Mark asked with pure confusion in his voice. "What is going on? Love, can you tell me what's with this ambiance? And where's Channie and Minhyuck?"

"Sleeping." I grit.

Simultaneously, we reached the master's bedroom and there he saw the kids, sleeping because they were tired from what we did the whole day.

With a big grin, he welcomed the kids. Especially the kid that I assumed was his. The first kid that we had. The kids that we are starting to raise. His chuckle was adorable but I hated that we have this issue now. I could've welcomed him with my arms wide open but I can't. I'm still too puzzled over this.

"Sarang, brush your teeth."

"Yes, papa." She answers and I follow her to the bathroom. I did her skin care before letting her go back to the bed.

I grab the dirty towels that the kids used earlier this morning and threw it to the basket where we put our dirty clothes and stuffs.

I try so hard not to get unreasonably mad. I'm trying everything to just lend my attention to something else but I still end up thinking about Mark and all of this.

I heard the door of the bathroom clicked open. I turned around, assuming it was Sarang who forgot something but it was Mark.

"Hey…" He sighs. "Are we good? Are you mad at me?"

"N-Not now, please. The kids are out there."

"Then can you just whisper it to me? I feel so lost, love." He says with a soft voice, making me melt. "Whatever it is, I'm sorry. I don't want you upset, love."

"L-Let me go."

Instead of doing that, he locked the bathroom door and stopped me from going out. He pulled the basket away from me and looked at me with his soft, wide eyes.