Eighteen

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Mark was obviously pissed. He ran towards me and kept me behind him. "Jeno—"

"I apologise." Jeno says without even going in. His eyes were tight shut as he gulped a load. "I'm sorry Mark. I know what I did was wrong."

With my shaky hands, I grab on Mark's hands and intertwine it with mine. I dropped on my knees and clenched with my thighs on my other hand.

"Love, what are you doing?" Mark hisses when he sees what I did.

"I'm sorry, Mark." I apologise, my voice dwindling and shaking. "Please?"

"Get up." He pulled me upwards, not removing my hand on his. "I am not mad at you."

"Don't be mad at Jeno, too." I plead. "Please? P-Please?"

I was mad at him too, but I was the one who stopped him from confessing to Mark about what happened. I was the one who told him that we should just get over it.

"Jeno wanted to ask for forgiveness for what he did but I was the one who decided not to let you know—"

"What?" I flinch when Mark cuts me off. I tighten my hold around his waist and shut my eyes.

"I was afraid you'd get mad at me again and we'll fight again." My tears rolled. "It wasn't Jeno's fault."

"Mark, it is mine. I was the one who kissed your husband. I was the one who visited him in your house. He did nothing wrong."

"The rumours are out there." Mark says. "It's ruining my husband, Jeno. It's ruining all of us. I don't... I just don't fucking know how we'll get rid of it!"

"I'll marry Jaemin. I'm marrying him." Jeno says which gave me shocks shown through my widened eyes. "I found out I am the father of his child last night—"

I gasp loudly. "He's your ex. And you told me he got pregnant by someone else—"

"Donghyuck." Mark pulled me. "Let him explain his thoughts more."

"I thought you'd just get over him?" I frown.

"I can't shut my eyes peacefully after knowing that I finally have a child with him, Donghyuck." Jeno says with a small sad smile creeping on his lips. "I know I told you that I'll eventually get over him and that the child isn't mine, but turns out, I can't get over him and the child's mine."

"What about the thing that he saw?" Mark quirked a brow, finally letting Jeno in but never near me. He locked me in his arms. "He was the one who told me you and Donghyuck kissed. I'm pretty sure what he saw confirmed the rumours."

"That was so dumb of me but I'm pretty sure he'll understand," Jeno replies. "I just want to marry him."

"Leave." Mark motions for him to go out.

"Why?" I pout. "Are you still mad at us?"

"No." He sighs. "But I'm not gonna let him stay either. Now that he already has a plan, I will leave him at that."

"Oh." My lips were tight shut, then.

"And I'll resign."

My mouth fell wide open again. Mark also gasped in shock. "Did I hear you right?"

"Yes." He says. "I'll work for Jaemin again."

"Why?" I chime in.

"Nothing..." Jeno lets out a small laugh. "I just want to be with him, that's all."

"That's..." My lips unknowingly pouted. "Adorable! I hope you'll get back again..."

"I hope so too." Jeno smiles at me. Slowly, he walked backwards and waved goodbye. "Thank you Mark. See you around."