Getting Steamy

It had been exactly one day since my first encounter with the tank engine that now stood right before me. It was like any normal day, I was taking a stroll through the woods when I stumbled upon an abandoned railroad track. Moss had begun to spread across the wood planks of the once bustling way of transportation. I bent down to observe the organisms that had reclaimed the road when I heard an abnormally loud noise in the distance. 

“CHOO CHOO” the whistle croaked. Stunned, I froze in place, barely even breathing. I began to shake vigorously as a large blue train speeded across the railroad feet away from me.

“SCREECH” the train made as its wheels halted and sparks began to fly. Inches from my face was the locomotive. I can’t believe what just happened. 

    I remained frozen in place for a good few minutes stunned at what had occurred. Once I had come to my senses I took a closer look at the train. The front facing me appeared to have features such as a nose and eyes. Dare I say it……the train was hot. His tough blue exterior and his dark brown eyes that almost appeared black and not to mention the whistle on the tip of his head. Dang I thought boy’s packing heat. 

“ Hey I’m really sorry about that.” The train spoke as soft as a whisper, barely audible. I shook my head ,knocked out of my daze.

“Are you okay?” The locomotive asked sweetly. 

“Oh yeah, just a little shook up I suppose.” I shot him a smile so as to not look upset.

“That’s good to hear” the train spoke as he released an exhale of relief. We stood there awkwardly staring at each other for a few moments before I began to ask a question.

“So, what brings you here? I thought that these tracks were abandoned?" 

"Oh they are," He replied swiftly. Not thinking he wanted to elaborate on the subject I switched topics.

"Nice whistle you got there." After I said those words I quickly covered my mouth, stunned. Oh my god, did I really say that out loud. Embarrassed, I turned a shade redder than a solo cup. The train noticed this and decided to play along.

"Nice track~" He playfully teased in a sultry voice. My eyes opened wide.

"T-t-thankyou………so um what your name~"I smirked.

"Thomas, yours?"

"Y/N"