Prologue

I was awoken by the not so gentle push of my magic letting me know someone near me had just died. Great, just great. It was currently four in the morning and it was my job to go and find out who or what had been killed. Yippee! If you can't tell I am being sarcastic. Hopefully this time it would at least be something interesting like a homicide or mass murder. Last time I was woken up it was just a cat that had died from old age, which if you ask me is a stupid reason to be aroused from your slumber. Especially if that is the only time of day that you aren't pestered by your three other brothers whom you happen to share a birthday with. But before you ask me, no, we do not look alike. I have black hair and blue eyes so dark they appear black. Bellum, better known as Matthew, has hazel eyes and brown hair, Morbus, otherwise known as Eli, has light green eyes and bleach blond hair, and finally Fames, also known as Roman, has dirty blond hair and brown eyes.
I strolled through the dark alleyways following the pull of my magic to the scene of the crime. It lead me to the other side of town by the lake, I groaned. I swear on my eternal life that if I have to get in that water to find the body I just might kill someone. I still had all my powers I just wasn't active right now so they weren't quite as deadly.
My magic sparked letting me know I had found the body, but I didn't see anything around me. I was in the woods by the lake with nothing but trees, at least, that was what I thought. I looked around a bit more, my eyes adjusting to the darkness and that was when I saw it, a mound of dirt not but six feet in front of me.
I do not want to dig through that, I thought as I reached out through my mind to my sleeping brother Fames. I woke him up by screaming into his mind and watched as he fell out of bed onto the floor with a thud. I tried to stifle my laugh while I continued talking. I need your help. I found a body in the woods and I can't dig it up myself so can you wake up the others and meet me by the lake? Oh and bring shovels. Finally he responded with sure. Not even thirty seconds later Bellum had already arrived due to his inhuman speed and he helped me asses this situation.
"So," he said, " do you think it is a human this time?" I rolled my eyes.
"Of course I think it is a human. Look at the size of the mound of dirt!" I stated, clearly unhappy to be here this early in the morning and taking it out on my brother.
" well if you are already this grouchy over being woken up then you are going to hate the news that I am about to give you." he sighed before continuing, " the mayor contacted me late last night to inform us that we must attend Crystal View High due to the rising suspicion of four " teenagers" not going to school." He put quotations on the word teenagers because we were in fact not teenagers. Roughly a minute and a half later Fames and Morbus finally showed up.
" Okay, what are we dealing with this time?" Fames asked
" A murder. " Bellum answered.

The four horsemen of the apocalypse On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara