"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying I might pop by, kiddo." Jisoo's smug smirk is unmistakable. Karina grips the phone with both hands now, blinking. "Your little town is boring, but it's not so bad in spring. And frozen yogurt's not the same without you. Oh, and I can't miss your graduation, either, can I?"

Spring. One huge reason to look forward to it, as opposed to one huge reason to dread it. "I can't wait," she lets Jisoo know. When was the last time she actually saw her?

"I love how excited you sound, lil sis," Jisoo deadpans. Karina hears something shuffling in the background. Car horns and loud conversations and wind. Jisoo's somewhere outside now. "I gotta go now." she sounds quieter and softer. Karina thinks she's sad, just like her. "I... I'm sorry I don't call often. Stay safe, yeah? Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Like split your head often. Seriously, Karina."

She smiles at the exasperation in Jisoo's voice. "Okay. I won't."

"Damn right you won't. I'll kick your ass if I have to, dum dum."

"Goodbye, Jisoo."

Usually, Jisoo hangs up right after that. She hates goodbyes. This time, however, she lingers. "I'll see you soon, Karina."

Karina listens to a dial tone for while after Jisoo disconnects. When she enters Winter's room again, she finds her step sister curled up in the middle of her bed, fast asleep, and she chuckles at the sight. Seems like they are waiting, after all. Karina can't say she's too disappointed. A little, yes. Not a lot.

She gently picks Winter up – since she's asleep, she can't fight her off, claiming head injury – and places her under the covers, climbing in next. Winter doesn't even stir, only rolls on her side to latch onto Karina, and then she's still again, her soft snores letting Karina know she's sleeping soundly.

It's not long before Karina joins her. She dozes off, at first, dimly aware of Winter's weight on her, and then she's out.

--

When she wakes, she's disoriented and groggy at first. That passes quickly, and she blinks herself back into consciousness when she feels soft lips being pressed to her neck over and over again. Instinctively, she pulls back a little, and the body next to her stills.

"Sorry." Winter's voice is huskier than usual, laced with sleep. "Didn't mean to wake you. I just-" she stops abruptly, brushing her hand over Karina's abs and sighing. Oh. Oh.

She clears her throat. "It's okay." A brief glance at the clock lets her know it's one in the morning. "Everyone's asleep," she points out, unnecessarily.

"Yeah." she struggles to focus on Winter's face. Brown eyes are watching her, and – this is a very new feeling. She can't describe it, but it never felt like this before. Winter's gaze is full of such tender need that Karina's quite literally breathless. "Karina..."

I'm here, Karina thinks, and leans in, brushing her lips across Winter's. They've done it so many times. Why does this feel like the very first?

Winter is trembling when Karina rolls them over gently and stares down at her. She's surprised to realize her own hands are shaking a little, too. But Winter's more important. "Is this okay?" she breathes out, swallowing. Winter nods.

"Yes. It's... Yes." She watches as Winter blinks rapidly. "Come here."

Karina obliges, lowering her torso and kissing her again. She settles between Winter's thighs, gasping when Winter rolls her hips up into her. Winter's hot and melting under her, pawing at her shoulders and pressing against her, trying to get impossibly close. She's still trembling a little, and Karina slows down, peppering her face and neck with kisses. "Shh," she whispers into her skin. "It's okay."

"Yes," Winter sighs as Karina ventures lower, leaving kisses as she goes. "God, Karina, yes..." But, as Karina starts to press her lips to Winter's stomach, she's being tugged up again. "Wait," Winter breathlessly says. "Like this." With me, Karina reads in her eyes, and nods, her own eyes wide and wild. She can't say no to that. She can never say no to Winter.

Her body is shaking with nervous anticipation as she slowly takes her shirt off with Winter's help. Winter's tank top is next. Karina sends it flying somewhere, and Winter plops onto her back. It's hard to breathe, but Karina welcomes it. Because Winter is splayed out before her, blonde hair all over the pillow and naked chest heaving with labored breathing. She's looking up at her with something akin to awe in her eyes, and Karina's sure her own gaze is the same. She certainly feels like it.

She slowly settles back on her heels, gliding her hands down Winter's stomach and up her thighs as she does so. Revels in the feeling of her smooth skin against her calloused fingers and thinks of the liquid heat waiting for her. Silk and velvet. She tugs Winter's panties down her legs, maintaining her slow pace and looking into Winter's eyes, wide and earnest. Her nostrils flare, and she can smell her, musky and ready. Her own panties come off quick and easy, and she loses them somewhere on the bed. It doesn't matter right now.

Just like always, she's torn between fast and slow. She wants to savor it, but god, Winter is writhing before her and making it impossible to resist taking her right here, right now. The blonde is biting her lower lip and clutching at cotton sheets and it's the most beautiful sight Karina's ever laid her eyes on. She's sure of one thing. She wants to drown in her tonight.

No more holding back.

Winter welcomes her with a soft kiss as Karina hovers above her again, her left hand finding Winter's right and lacing their fingers together near Winter's head. There is a spark running between them everywhere they touch, skin on skin. Both moan when Karina finally, finally presses into her, feeling just how wet Winter is against her lower stomach.

She needs more.

It's almost scary how alike they seem to think in this moment, with Winter's left hand traveling between Karina's legs in time with Karina's right hand doing the same to her. Their mouths are still connected. Karina breathes in and Winter breathes out. It all feels surreal and right and a lot and Karina never wants it to stop.

Winter whimpers when Karina's fingers find her clit, and then Winter's fingers are doing the same to her and it's like she's flying. There is a universe expanding in her chest, and Winter's a part of her; no, Winter is her, vibrant and vivid and hers.

This, right here, is the moment Karina's been practicing in her head, and she squeezes Winter's hand tighter as she positions her fingers at her cunt. Winter does the same, looking up at her, and Karina doesn't have to call this flash in her eyes something. They are about to make love, and that's exactly what Winter is looking at her with.

She forces her eyes to stay open when they enter each other, and here it is. "Winter," she gasps, staring at her. "I love you."

Winter's reply comes in desperate kisses and nuzzles and soft gasps; in the arch of her back and neck, in her eyes and lips and caressing hands, and finally, finally, when Karina bucks against her hands and feels pulses around her fingers, she lets go, clutching her hand in hers and tightening her legs around Karina's hips.

"I love you, too."